Author Topic: Winter storm a-brewin'  (Read 3827 times)

scorpion632

Re: Winter storm a-brewin'
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 11:03:00 pm »
So what happens if the show goes on and we have tickes but are unable to go due to weather in our area? Is there a way to get a refund?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
Bad weather doesn't qualify you for a refund.  If the show happens, it's your decision whether or not you should go.

hitman

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 02:38:00 am »
Originally posted by scorpion632:
  So what happens if the show goes on and we have tickes but are unable to go due to weather in our area? Is there a way to get a refund?
I doubt it... A couple years ago when the President's Day blizzard hit, my friend had tix to see Trust Company at 9:30.  The show was on the first night of the storm.  But apparently 9:30 was still open, and the show went on.  Thus, since the show was still on, if you couldn't make it was tough shit.

hitman

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 02:41:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  i want  a job like the weathermen; get paid for being wrong seventy percent of the time.

"hey everybody, we're getting up to eight inches, maybe even a foot of snow."

it's one-fourty p.m., and it has already stopped here, with less than two inches, top.  go, go, bob ryan.
70%?  Isn't that being a little generous?  They basically screwed the pooch again.  The storm was supposed to last Sat. into Sun. and look.  Just like last week was supposed to be a flurry or light dusting.  Both storms were almost the same.

I don't know if I know of another job where you can be wrong most of the time and still keep your job.  The only ones I can think of are current President and Sec. of Defense.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 08:24:00 am »
Originally posted by hitman:

Originally posted by walkonby:
  i want  a job like the weathermen; get paid for being wrong seventy percent of the time.

"hey everybody, we're getting up to eight inches, maybe even a foot of snow."

it's one-fourty p.m., and it has already stopped here, with less than two inches, top.  go, go, bob ryan.
70%?  Isn't that being a little generous?  They basically screwed the pooch again.  The storm was supposed to last Sat. into Sun. and look.  Just like last week was supposed to be a flurry or light dusting.  Both storms were almost the same.

I don't know if I know of another job where you can be wrong most of the time and still keep your job.  The only ones I can think of are current President and Sec. of Defense. [/b]
What about baseball players? If they hit 30% of the balls they face, they're considered fucking heroes!

Guiny

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 09:40:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
 What about baseball players? If they hit 30% of the balls they face, they're considered fucking heroes! [/QB]
Anytime you wanna step up and try to hit 90 mile an hour fastballs mixed in with 85 mile an hour curve balls, go ahead Mr. Kicky Bally Hero. It's not as easy as putting a small ball in an extremelly oversized net with one's big toe. Although it must be hard because you rarely see it happen during games......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by O'Mankie:
 What about baseball players? If they hit 30% of the balls they face, they're considered fucking heroes! [/b]
Anytime you wanna step up and try to hit 90 mile an hour fastballs mixed in with 85 mile an hour curve balls, go ahead Mr. Kicky Bally Hero. It's not as easy as putting a small ball in an extremelly oversized net with one's big toe. Although it must be hard because you rarely see it happen during games......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [/QB]
If I was paid mega-millions I would most certainly put more effort into practicing hitting the ball and less effort into shoving white powder up my nose, or drilling holes down the center of the bat, or injecting myself with stuff that makes my willy shrink. I was just responding to the "I don't know of any other profession........." comment. Sorry if I hit a nerve. You are very proctective of your over-paid, under skilled 'so called' athletes. How can they be athletes when they have the same physique as me????

But do answer me...is hitting 300 not considered a great average? If so, then missing 700 would be the math.....no?