Author Topic: The Brother Kite roll call  (Read 1824 times)

Tom Servo

The Brother Kite roll call
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:11:00 am »
This may be a roll call of 1, but I'm putting it out there anyway.  Red and the Black tonight.  I've heard them described as shoegaze meets the Beach Boys, which sounds about right.  

Their album was one of my favorites last year (Waiting for the Time to Be Right).  Fantastic.  I'm hopeful that they can pull it off live.

sonickteam2

Re: The Brother Kite roll call
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:08:00 am »
i wish i lived in DC today.  but i am far too busy/tired to get down there on a monday night.  

the show should be great though, as i am a big fan their record.   :)   have fun.

Tom Servo

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:02:00 am »
Such a bittersweet feeling when you go to an under-attended show.  It's great to feel that you're at your own private gig, but you can't help but look around and wish that more people were there to see it.  Admittedly, it's tough to pull a crowd on a Monday night to a small stage away from the Metro.

I thought they pulled off the sound quite well.  They had the computer track going for the piano and choir tracks, but the live stuff was crisp.  Good full sound.  

I'll do a better job of advertising next time...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:35:00 am »
Never heard them but I downloaded their stuff. Sounds good so far  :)  Thanks for mentioning them! Hope they come back soon.
(_|_)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 02:08:00 am »
Wish I could have made it. Their record label got in touch with me months ago with some help regarding bookings so I knew the show was coming up but work got in the way.   :(

aniym

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:07:00 am »
goddamn, i didn't even know about this, and I LOVED Waiting for the Time to be Right. My summer job in Baltimore would have kept me from going though. Good to hear that it was a good show. Saw ASobi Seksu at R&R Hotel in January, and though the place sold out, the sound quality was possibly the worst I've ever heard.