Author Topic: Festival poll  (Read 1537 times)

redsock

Festival poll
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:28:00 pm »
So, I want to throw two names out there, and i'm curious to hear what you think of them. First impressions... Go!

Tokyo Police Club

Chinese Stars

ggw

Re: Festival poll
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:40:00 am »
They shoud be on a triple bill with Hanoi Rocks.  

Or Saigon Kick.  

Or Singapore Sling.

snailhook

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:44:00 am »
tokyo police club: had no idea who the hell they were until i booked them with enon. still havent heard shit, though i hear they're "blogger buzz" band.

chinese stars: rose from the ashes of the great arab on radar and even greater six finger satellite. while not as good as either band, they are still a fantastic live band. the recordings are just fine, typical skin graft stuff.

edit: if chinese stars are a consideration for DAM, by all means get them. they are a band i would book for one of my festivals. however, don't expect much of a draw.

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 07:18:00 am »
chinese stars: rose from the ashes of the great arab on radar and even greater six finger satellite.
Six Finger Satelliteâ?¦..that is a name I havenâ??t heard in over 10 years.  I saw them open for someone at the old club.   I remember that their sound was very different from what I was use to hearing back then.

paul3mac

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
never heard of Tokyo Police Club, well maybe I have, but haven't heard their music.

However, I love Chinese Stars.  Would be great if they were booked around here.