Author Topic: Which show was the biggest disapointment.  (Read 16055 times)

ratioci nation

Re: Which show was the biggest disapointment.
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2003, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i think the opposite.

PRE-OK Computer Radiohead. not that i dont love the first 2 discs, though.
I just love ok computer really, well and the bends, but mostly ok computer, now that is enough radiohead praise

sonickteam2

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2003, 10:36:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i think the opposite.

PRE-OK Computer Radiohead. not that i dont love the first 2 discs, though.
I just love ok computer really, well and the bends, but mostly ok computer, now that is enough radiohead praise [/b]
hehe, tricked you!  

actually, now that we are on the disappointing show thread, Radiohead would win, for the shows that just dont happen!

amy hearon

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2003, 02:08:00 pm »
Blink's Pop Disaster Tour in Dallas.  45 minute set, no encore, and too many stupid 13 year olds.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2003, 02:45:00 am »
The recent Fuel show.  The show itself was OK.  I enjoyed the music.  It was the crowd.  Not your typicla 9:30 crowd if there is such a thing.  I have been to a pretty wide variety of acts that the club and one thing seems to be a common thread for all of the people who show up.  They are all there for the music and nothing more if you know what I mean.  You know how it is at some venues that people show up just to be able to say they were at the "fill in the act here" show.  Sort of a hoity toity thing.  This show had more than a few folks who looked to me more of the plastic people as I like to call them.  Oh well still had a good time, but not having to see the two skanks upstairs would have made it a better evening!

DB
FUKIT

nonmenthol

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
otep at jaxx... the bitch kept shit about the messiah and the revolution and just fucking bored me to sleep and s.t.u.n who opened for manson just weren't that exciting

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by amyj:
  Blink's Pop Disaster Tour in Dallas.  45 minute set, no encore, and too many stupid 13 year olds.
That's what you get for attending a Blink 182 show.

Sir HC

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
Just remember a huge disappointment show.  Cracker at the 9:30 in the late 90's when Eurotrash girl was big.  The bands (forget the opener's name) got no respect from the audience.  A friend and I got in free but left because you could not hear the band over the talking.  It was crazy, sold out I believe, but so much talking that you could not hear the band over the din.  All those frat boys in baseball caps (it was a sea of fancy baseball caps) drinking lite beer chatting.  Was as if you went to a bar and there was music playing in the background.  And all these idiots had paid $15 for the honor.

RonniStar

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2003, 02:00:00 am »
July 1999:Nas at the 930 Club. It was diappointing for the fact that Nas didn't show up. The opening acts(I remember Toni Blackman was there) was great. It was around 10 or 10:30 p.m. when they told the crowd NAS couldn't make it. He entered my good graces again when I saw last summer on Usher's 8701 Evolution Tour. He put on a great show.

Other disappointing performances:

Mindwar Sympathy opening for Kittie: Nov. 2001
 I haven't seen an opening act get this much lack of respect.

flawd101

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2003, 06:08:00 am »
s.t.u.n. needs their own audience, its impossible to open for manson.  930club is not the place to see them. its to big. the singer is crazy if he isnt so cramped and could climb shit.

flawd101

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2003, 06:23:00 am »
packs of 13year olds is a nightmare....