Author Topic: Question about Stereolab's "Golden Ball"  (Read 1557 times)

nkotb

Question about Stereolab's "Golden Ball"
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »
I realize the title of this thread is ripe for horrifying pictures, but i do have a serious, music-related question.

It's been a while since I've listened to  Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements, so I just may not remember, but I recently tried importing the disc into iTunes, and found that the song skipped at the 3:25 mark.  Frustrated, I reimported the song...same issue at the same mark.  I cleaned the disc...same thing.  I tried listening to the disc...same thing.

I finally gave up and tried downloading a clean copy from Soulseek.  I'm not kidding...every time I download it, the song skips at the same place!  Now, either everyone in the free world has uploaded their version of "Golden Ball" from me, or the skip is actually a part of the song.

Can anyone help me out?  Is it in the song?  If not, does someone want to send me the mp3?

SalParadise

Re: Question about Stereolab's "Golden Ball"
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
mine doesn't skip.. but maybe it's something they fixed when they stuck it on the 'oscillons from the sun' comp.?

PM me and i'll send you a copy.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »
mine does skip...it has the sound of a needle moving there, too. since that song also does the skipping at the end i think it's supposed to be there. at least that's what I've assumed for the past 14 years.

whoever played this album straight through leading up to the second night of the d-plan reunion show may be half the reason I had such a good time that night. took be back to freshman year in college, driving up to chicago to see unrest on the perfect teeth tour with 2 bands I hadn't heard of opening...stereolab and gastr del sol. Turned out to be a great show (and much better than primus/melvins the next night).

anyway, i think it's supposed to skip.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
I think that everything on Oscillons is from singles and ep's...so probably different versions of the songs in many cases. I haven't listened to it a lot so I wouldn't know the differences, though.

Originally posted by SalParadise:
  mine doesn't skip.. but maybe it's something they fixed when they stuck it on the 'oscillons from the sun' comp.?

PM me and i'll send you a copy.