Author Topic: a little late (sfa)  (Read 2867 times)

ArvinSmee

a little late (sfa)
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
For anyone who was at the SFA show, did you notice when the visualization was the guy singing, and it was in sync with the words of the song?  Unless there's somethign going on here, that means that the band was playing over some sort of pre-recorded track, whether complicated or just a metronome.  I figure that's what the guy on the Mac was working on.  Any thoughts on this?

Re: a little late (sfa)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
Didn't notice that, but did notice you didn't have wine stains on your lips. Good work!

ArvinSmee

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 12:16:00 pm »
funny, i noticed you're still an asshole.  seriously, do you just sit on this forum all day waiting eagerly to post sarcastic comments?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 12:27:00 pm »
i would guess the guy with the computer equipment is controlling things with at the minimum a click track maybe more...
T.Rex

ArvinSmee

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
I just thought it was funny, cause the band had a really full sound, and I think some of it was coming from the computer, otherwise it wouldn't be there... unless he was controling the visualization.  But none the less, there was something pre-programmed going on, which I was a little disappointed about, since it is a live show after all.

SalParadise

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i would guess the guy with the computer equipment is controlling things with at the minimum a click track maybe more...
the drummer as well. although i didn't see him wearing headphones (cornelius and flaming lips do the video/music sync thing and both their drummers had on headphones). earbuds i guess..

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 12:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by ArvinSmee:
  Any thoughts on this?
I think I wish they'd X'ed your hands and left you in the cold (er, "unseasonably warm") again.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
i haven't seen the flaming lips in person, but didn't they do a entire tour where they video taped the drummer and played in front his projected screen.

think of it as a glorified drum machine, at least they are playing live on top of it... The Faint do the same thing.  at least it wasn't entirely lip synced ala Milli Vanilli or ELO.  DEVO was doing the marriage of music and video in the 80s, with a touch of Memorex.
T.Rex

ArvinSmee

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
true, it was a good show after all, though somewhat lacking in dynamics.

and if you don't have a comment about the show, drop it, cause it's old. find some other use for your brilliant wit.

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 01:12:00 pm »
Glad you came back Arvin.  I never did get a chance to apologize for being a dick in your other post.  I really was simply bored at work one afternoon and took some shots at you.  Then Kosmo closed the post (rightly, too) before I got to tell you that I was kidding.
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by ArvinSmee:
 and if you don't have a comment about the show, drop it, cause its old.  
The show would have been better without you.   :)    :)    :)    :)    :)

ArvinSmee

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 01:35:00 pm »
don't worry about it

HoyaSaxa03

(o|o)