Author Topic: Redneck Karaoke  (Read 1586 times)

Redneck Karaoke
« on: August 30, 2004, 02:42:00 pm »
So my wife and I went to our favorite redneck sports bar in Falls Church to catch the NASCAR race on the big screen Sat. night, and turns out they were having karaoke. First time I've ever experienced karaoke.

And damn, were the rednecks bad. A couple of fat girls doing slow Leanne Womack cover, some dork doing Collective Soul and Metallica, and a fiftysomething women badly covering everyone from Aretha to Loretta. But the best was the 70 year old guy who made every country song sound like it was being covered by Hank Williams.

So this is the place the next forum gathering should take place. What a great culture clash that would be.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Redneck Karaoke
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
Hey Rhett...where in NOVA did you and the wife settle down.  Falls Church?

mankie

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
I find it very disturbing that these karaoke regulars take themselves very seriously when doing a turn....

Isn't the English translation of "Karaoke" "Sad twat"...or is that just mankies translation?

grotty

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 03:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  I find it very disturbing that these karaoke regulars take themselves very seriously when doing a turn....

Isn't the English translation of "Karaoke" "Sad twat"...or is that just mankies translation?
Agreed. Karaoke as a late night drunken occurence seems fun(ny) - maybe even a little endearing. But people that travel around and plan to do it because they think they're pretty good - Well, that is creepy.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
No, we are in the same town as JAXX. From what I could tell, more affordable than Falls Church in terms of what you're getting for the money you're paying.

Originally posted by chaz:
  Hey Rhett...where in NOVA did you and the wife settle down.  Falls Church?

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 03:42:00 pm »
I agree it's a little creepy. But they probably think people like us who go to small little clubs to see bands that are never going to sell millions of records like their heroes are sort of pathetic.

Originally posted by grotty:

Originally posted by Bollocks:

Agreed. Karaoke as a late night drunken occurence seems fun(ny) - maybe even a little endearing. But people that travel around and plan to do it because they think they're pretty good - Well, that is creepy. [/b]