Author Topic: hfstival cancelled  (Read 8636 times)

Bags

Re: hfstival cancelled
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2003, 02:03:00 pm »
Blocktoberfest....it's what you do during a month you can't get to Dewey for the latest Love Seed Mama Jump show.

MaLo

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  Anyone want to start up a local radio station that plays real music?
Do you guys no longer have any decent college radio?I know back in the day 88.5 WAMU used to be great,have they shut down college radio in the area.What about GMU,or is it no longer functioning either.My friend Greg used to be able to do a decent show when he attended there.I haven't tuned in to radio in your area for ages though. [/b]
there's a station at GMU...i've walked by it a couple times, but never tuned in to give it a listen...next time i am on campus i'll try to check it out

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
Towson State has a good Americana-oriented station.

Not that it does us DC people much good.

SPARX

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
[ [/qb][/QUOTE]there's a station at GMU...i've walked by it a couple times, but never tuned in to give it a listen...next time i am on campus i'll try to check it out [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Guess it all depends on rather they can find any willing students to man it with.Particularly with some decent taste in music.Glad to see they are still trying at least.

Rknrldr

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2003, 07:38:00 am »
Guess I'll have to wait and see Thrice some other time. Who were those other bands playing HFstival anyway? Letterkills...  :D