Author Topic: Hey Jag!  (Read 1051 times)

mankie

Hey Jag!
« on: September 02, 2003, 01:32:00 pm »
We had MTV, VH1 or whatever on over the weekend and I heard this song by some black woman singer and I thought it sounded familiar....it was the Elbow song "Question....how yer angels get down like that" or however it goes....Were Elbow just taking the piss on that recording? I much preferred Elbows version I have to say.

jadetree

Re: Hey Jag!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  We had MTV, VH1 or whatever on over the weekend and I heard this song by some black woman singer and I thought it sounded familiar....it was the Elbow song "Question....how yer angels get down like that" or however it goes....Were Elbow just taking the piss on that recording? I much preferred Elbows version I have to say.
isn't it Destinys Child?

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:

Originally posted by mankie:
isn't it Destinys Child? [/b]
It's a cover of Destiny's Child, "Independant Woman". Elbow also sometimes performs a cover of Massive Attacks' "Teardrop" that is pretty decent.

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 02:16:00 pm »
Yeah, all of that above except it only sounds good when Elbow perform it.   :D  

I have the Massive Attack cover of Elbow performing Teardrop which is also very good. One damned good band!