Author Topic: Squeeze Glen Tilbrook  (Read 4946 times)

mankie

Re: Squeeze Glen Tilbrook
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2003, 04:27:00 pm »
Markie...even I get carded in DC..especially in Adams Morgan. Believe me, it's only funny for a while, it gets really fucking annoying when you go north of 40.

You just reminded me. On Monday I was in a local beer/wine place and a couple of hispanic blokes buying some beer. The woman carded the one paying but he didn't have his ID with him so it became a problem....a Korean lady with broken English trying to tell a hispanic dude with broken English he can't buy beer....in the end he had to call his SON over to buy the beer because he had his wallet with him. I don't know about anyone else, but when you have a son old enough to purchase beer doesn't it cross the line of stupidity to require id yourself?

Jaguär

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2003, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Markie...even I get carded in DC..especially in Adams Morgan. Believe me, it's only funny for a while, it gets really fucking annoying when you go north of 40.

You just reminded me. On Monday I was in a local beer/wine place and a couple of hispanic blokes buying some beer. The woman carded the one paying but he didn't have his ID with him so it became a problem....a Korean lady with broken English trying to tell a hispanic dude with broken English he can't buy beer....in the end he had to call his SON over to buy the beer because he had his wallet with him. I don't know about anyone else, but when you have a son old enough to purchase beer doesn't it cross the line of stupidity to require id yourself?
Welcome to America, Mankie!   :D    :roll:

lily1

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2003, 05:18:00 pm »
i'd go if he was back at iota and he was going to lead the crowd into the parking lot for a group sing along of pulling mussels from a shell.

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  Hey I was just reading the Post Express and Glen Tilbrook is playing the Birchmere tonight.

Why did no one tell me?

Is anyone going?

lily1

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2003, 05:20:00 pm »
i'd hope a cab at braddock road. should be $5. or you can take one of the buses and they go right by the birchmere. i've just shared cabs back to the metro with other patrons once the show is done. the food there is utter shit though so eat ahead of time.

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  As I said I only just found out.

As I said, "more music savvy", so my comment wasn't directed towards you!   ;)  

Get the metro to crystal city and jump in a cab, it's just down the road from there, about 2 miles or so.

I don't think I can go, I can't get out of work on time. If things change though I'll let you know later this afternoon. [/b]

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2003, 01:55:00 pm »
i think that you are too easily annoyed.

I don't know about anyone else, but when you have a son old enough to purchase beer doesn't it cross the line of stupidity to require id yourself?
no.