Author Topic: Friday night U Street follies  (Read 1843 times)

boweswana

Friday night U Street follies
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
Lots going on this Friday for sure.  Wanted to throw out the option of checking out some local rocking at the Vevlet Lounge.  My band,  the Pharmacy Prophets  ,will be playing second between the  Deleted Scenes  (sound kinda Gun Club...to me at least) and  51 Peg  (Peter Murphy style with heavier guitars...great singer).

Details below.  We have a couple more new tunes up at the  myspace  page if you'd be so kind as to check em' out.

It would be lovely to see more of you than an internet name.  Simply lovely.

11/18 at the Velvet Lounge
 915 U St., NW
 Deleted Scenes
 the Pharmacy Prophets
 51 Peg
 Doors at 8:00

Bartelby

Re: Friday night U Street follies
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
I've sufficiently recovered - physically and mentally - from your Iota CD release party, so I'm planning on being there!  The Iota gig was the most fun I've had in many moons, and I'm looking forward to deja vu all over again this Friday night.

Hopefully some of your crazy fans/entourage will be there - which increases the fun-factor. Your new stuff is awesome. Unfortunately for you, I'm now familiar with a couple of your new songs, so I might be singing along again!!! Sorry.  ;)

boweswana

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:16:00 pm »
Never an apology needed, unless you punch me or something.   :)

Iota was a lotsa lotsa fun evening.  Friday should be the same.  See you then!

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:29:00 pm »
I will see you there  :)   51 Peg is damn good and worth checking out!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

boweswana

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
Cool, look forward to meeting you there.  51 Peg is the good for sure.  Their guitarist and I were in bands together way back when, he's a primo guy.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by the Pharmacist:
  Cool, look forward to meeting you there.  51 Peg is the good for sure.  Their guitarist and I were in bands together way back when, he's a primo guy.
Damn I can't remember the name of Carlo's band before Peg. I know Jeff was in French Kiss Kennedy though.

I'll be easy to find  :)

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

boweswana

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 09:24:00 am »
Carlo and I were in SuperGiant and MagnaFlux for a number of years together.  After that he joined a band called Four for a time.  51 Peg has been banging around for a while now and have gone through almost half as mnay lineup changes as the Pharmacy Prophets over the years which is still about six times that of the average band.

We've had seven drummers.  Spinal Tap doesn't have shit on me.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 12:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by the Pharmacist:
  Carlo and I were in SuperGiant and MagnaFlux for a number of years together.  After that he joined a band called Four for a time.  51 Peg has been banging around for a while now and have gone through almost half as mnay lineup changes as the Pharmacy Prophets over the years which is still about six times that of the average band.

We've had seven drummers.  Spinal Tap doesn't have shit on me.
MagnaFlux! That was the one I had heard about before. Yeah Peg seems to mix up their line up althought the current has been the longest. Jamie use to have a band called Swurve which rocked and had Dondy on guitar, who played in Peg after Joe, and now has Aeva Disaster, which Carlo I'm pretty sure is going to be playing in as well!

See you tonight

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

boweswana

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 09:21:00 am »
Nice to mee you senor Mindcage.  That show was fun as hell, 51 Peg was really good.  Not good in a "these guys are locals and I know them so I have to sorta say so" kind of way but in a "holy crap that was badass" one.

Very good set by that gang.