Author Topic: Newbury Comics  (Read 1726 times)

redsock

Newbury Comics
« on: September 08, 2003, 09:59:00 am »
So, i was at my folks place in New England this weekend, and I finally spent some time in a Newbury comics store. I never really CD shopped in one before. Why can't we get a place like this down here? Not only did i find Bigger Lovers "Honey in the Hive" for relatively cheap, but I found Delgado's "The Great Eastern" used! And I picked up Sugar's "File Under Easy Listening" for $1.99. Plus they had tons of bands i like with actual plastic names...instead of just having to search through B, you know what i mean? And there was an early Idlewild CD I almost picked up, which had to be an import (not broken windows or remote part) for $10.99. Crazy! Again, why can't we have a place like this?

poorlulu

Re: Newbury Comics
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
cd game exchange in adams morgan has at least 2 copies of sugar's file under easy listening for a dollar............

jadetree

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 10:15:00 am »
They had tons of copies of The Bigger Lovers for 60% off at Kemp Mill

redsock

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
Originally posted by jadetree:
Kemp mill was going out of business, little different.

poorlulu

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 10:32:00 am »
naaaaaaaaa

you're just bitter arentcha?

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 10:33:00 am »
the point was that they had it in stock.

Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by jadetree:
Kemp mill was going out of business, little different. [/b]

markie

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by redsock:
  early Idlewild CD I almost picked up, which had to be an import (not broken windows or remote part) for $10.99. Crazy! Again, why can't we have a place like this?
hope is important, sepia-ish cover? I got mine from best but for $12.99.

Bags

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 10:48:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  cd game exchange in adams morgan has at least 2 copies of sugar's file under easy listening for a dollar............
What I always want to know is, who the hell are the people selling File Under Easy Listening??  That's not a person I want to meet, unless unemployment or some catastrophe is the reason (though what the $2 or $3 you get from the CD store is going to do for you, I don't know -- you'll get much more solace from listening to fantastic music).

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 11:13:00 am »
probably overstock that was never sold in the first place.

I quite enjoy getting the occasional three dollar trade in and trading it in for an upgrade.

For instance, just yesterday, I sold an old PJ Harvey album (Rid of Me) that i had long tired of, and got a trade in for an advanced copy of the new Rosie Thomas album from the Soundgarden $2 section, and got change back to boot, which I used toward a soft serve ice cream cone.

Originally posted by bags:

Originally posted by poorlulu:
What I always want to know is, who the hell are the people selling File Under Easy Listening??  That's not a person I want to meet, unless unemployment or some catastrophe is the reason (though what the $2 or $3 you get from the CD store is going to do for you, I don't know -- you'll get much more solace from listening to fantastic music). [/b]

jadetree

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  PJ Harvey album (Rid of Me)

funny, I just listened to that for the first time in a long time yesterday