Author Topic: The Fall of Mark E Smith  (Read 8057 times)

ratioci nation

Re: The Fall of Mark E Smith
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 06:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Winterie Markie:
  I looked everywhere for a piccie.....

got anymore?
http://www.visi.com/fall/gigography/photos.html

brennser

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
its all about the layering markie   :roll:  

twas a bit chilly yesterday and today though - we're heading up to New York for the weekend and I think the forecast for Friday there is a daytime high of 17

Originally posted by brennser:
  damn - thats a nice thing to read 30 mins before I cycle home in the dark

Isn't it a bit cold for cycling? [/b]

markie

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 06:09:00 pm »
  its all about the layering markie    :roll:  

twas a bit chilly yesterday and today though  
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did a 50 yesterday. I didnt think it was that cold. So I didnt wear a balaclava. My face still hurts. My water bottle froze after about an hour.....

What gloves do you have?

BookerT

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 06:12:00 pm »
in recent years i've come to see mark e. as a slightly bigger version of the backwards talking twin peaks midget. without a bunch of teeth. i'm not sure, but i have a feeling that the talk about the onstage fight was at least 5 or 6 years ago. i remember they played the old black cat in 1998 and then were off to new york from there and there were some ... domestic issues with mark and the then-keyboard player who he was then dating, and jail was involved. i think things have been relatively smoother lately, hip problems aside. i think i heard he slipped on some ice.

there is no greater band in the history of music than the fall.

brennser

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 06:14:00 pm »
yeah, when I rode yesterday from the house to the hill was fine - cold but not terrible - on the way home I had an artic wind gusting into my face the whole time - I was dying

I have performance gore tex gloves - you lose a little dexterity but when its this cold you need em

look at me, almost at 1,000 posts   :D  

its all about the layering markie     :roll:    

twas a bit chilly yesterday and today though  
[/b]
Yeah, I did a 50 yesterday. I didnt think it was that cold. So I didnt wear a balaclava. My face still hurts. My water bottle froze after about an hour.....

What gloves do you have? [/QB][/QUOTE]

markie

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 06:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
   i'm not sure, but i have a feeling that the talk about the onstage fight was at least 5 or 6 years ago.

You may well be right, but he certainly seemed to rub the other bandmembers up the wrong way at the last 2 blackcat shows.

markie

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 06:20:00 pm »
  I have performance gore tex gloves - you lose a little dexterity but when its this cold you need em

look at me, almost at 1,000 posts    :D  

Umm I have some gore windstopper gloves, but they are shite. Even with an underglove my hands end up hurting after a few minutes.

1000 posts.... we should have a party. Brilliant!

brennser

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 06:27:00 pm »
Umm I have some gore windstopper gloves, but they are shite. Even with an underglove my hands end up hurting after a few minutes.

hurting from the cold? the ones I have are great but they're really bulky - I've never ski'ed but they look like what I think skiing gloves would be like

where did you do your 50? training ride or race? do you have a roadie to go with your MTB now?

poorlulu

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2005, 06:42:00 pm »

got anymore?
:roll:

poorlulu

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005, 08:05:00 pm »
  hurting from the cold? the ones I have are great but they're really bulky - I've never ski'ed but they look like what I think skiing gloves would be like

where did you do your 50? training ride or race? do you have a roadie to go with your MTB now?
Clearly non-poorlulu content to follow:

Yep, hurt from the cold.... Yeah I think I have the less insulated/padded version. Your gore ones keep you warm? Right, I might get some of them. At least I can find them on sale, which is more than can be said for the pearl Izumi amfibs

I cycled to Mount Vernon, its about an 18 mile trip, but I had a few miles either end of messing about. Infact thinking about it, it was probably closer to 46 than 50, but that does not sound as cool. It was just for fun/to stay thinner than you.

Ummmm I have 4 bikes now. 2 geared mountain, a single speed mountain and last week I got a fixie.

brennser

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2005, 11:03:00 pm »
Ummmm I have 4 bikes now. 2 geared mountain, a single speed mountain and last week I got a fixie.  
uuuhhh, how big is your apt? I'd be up for a ride to Mt Vernon one weekend...

markie

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 11:02:00 am »

uuuhhh, how big is your apt? I'd be up for a ride to Mt Vernon one weekend... [/b]
Pretty big, We have 4 large closets. I am in one of them. Three of the bikes fit in another one. The newest cleanest shiniest bike gets to hang out on our private stairwell.

This weekend?

brennser

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
ta daaaaa 1,000 posts....and its fitting that its with Markie, my first forum love   :D  

4 bikes, oh to be childless and mortgageless   :mad:  

this weekend we are in NY, next weekend might work though - I'll PM you

uuuhhh, how big is your apt? I'd be up for a ride to Mt Vernon one weekend... [/b]
Pretty big, We have 4 large closets. I am in one of them. Three of the bikes fit in another one. The newest cleanest shiniest bike gets to hang out on our private stairwell.

This weekend? [/b]

markie

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 11:30:00 am »
 [QB] ta daaaaa 1,000 posts....and its fitting that its with Markie, my first forum love    :D  

4 bikes, oh to be childless and mortgageless    :mad:  

[qb]  

Or know where to look..... ebay.

ratioci nation

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »