Author Topic: British Invasion '05..  (Read 3687 times)

pip

Re: British Invasion '05..
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:  http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/athlete/tourist.shtml  
That's unfornuate. Although, I have seen just as many reports saying the new direction for them is better as ones agreeing with this review. I'll probably still check out the album for myself and make my own decision.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

Originally posted by pip:
  Ditto on all the albums you mentioned. One more to add to the list... Athlete. The Kaiser Chiefs' album has some potential too based on the couple of tracks I've heard.
I'm heading up to NYC next weekend to see The Kaiser Chiefs. I will report back on how they are. [/b]
where are they playing (too lazy to look on thier site) i love them.  i could use a new york trip.

pip

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 03:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  just curious, are you streaming them?, have promo copies?, downloaded them?
The word from Doves' message board is that the album has been leaked and can be found on certain P2P networks. That's all I know. I don't have it myself and can't give anyone a copy.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  where are they playing (too lazy to look on thier site) i love them.  i could use a new york trip.
At North Six w/ The Prosaics (who I also want to see). Feb. 12th. $10

pip

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 01:54:00 am »

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  Doves should have been the band that Coldplay is now.
YEUCH!!! Then one of them would have to be shagging that skinny old cow, whatserface..

Relaxer

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »
All of the NME hype notwithstanding, I am really enjoying the Bloc Party songs I've heard, which is most of them.
oword

beedubyah

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  http://www.nme.com/news/111297.htm  

Oasis headlining at MSG?? Are you kidding me? I thought that a venue like Hammerstein would be a stretch for them at this point. That's like Blur playing the MCI Center.
As a diehard Oasis fan, I never thought in a million years they would play there again.  They can sell out 100k stadiums around the world, but needless to say they have wasted their shot in the US.

Ive seen probably 150 concerts in my life and Oasis was far and away the best one.  If only they would play the game a bit better and they could be U2 status.  While theyre still the biggest band to come out of the UK since the Who, theyll never get their due thanks to being complete asses wherever they go in the US.

Touring with Jet (the worst band of all time) isnt going to help their reputation with most Americans who (unfairly) view their music as derivative

Fico

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 01:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by beedubyah:

Oasis headlining at MSG?? Are you kidding me? I thought that a venue like Hammerstein would be a stretch for them at this point. That's like Blur playing the MCI Center.
As a diehard Oasis fan, I never thought in a million years they would play there again.  They can sell out 100k stadiums around the world, but needless to say they have wasted their shot in the US.

Ive seen probably 150 concerts in my life and Oasis was far and away the best one.  If only they would play the game a bit better and they could be U2 status.  While theyre still the biggest band to come out of the UK since the Who, theyll never get their due thanks to being complete asses wherever they go in the US.

Touring with Jet (the worst band of all time) isnt going to help their reputation with most Americans who (unfairly) view their music as derivative [/b]
Couldn't agree more!!! that said, Are they playing the Arena or that other place inside the Garden which holds some 6,ooo people...that would seem more reasonable...then again, they played 3 nights at Radio City Music Hall last time around..

Arthwys

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 12:40:00 am »
For brennser or anyone else that was wanting to check out the new Doves album.... http://www.nme.com/features/111390.htm
Emrys

jmascis

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 09:07:00 am »
Originally posted by pip:

Originally posted by brennser:
  just curious, are you streaming them?, have promo copies?, downloaded them?
The word from Doves' message board is that the album has been leaked and can be found on certain P2P networks. That's all I know. I don't have it myself and can't give anyone a copy. [/b]
Yes you can find it..I have it, its quite good.
   :D

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 12:19:00 pm »

MSG sold out in under an hour and the same for the Philly show. Not bad I'd say. I think they still got it, and hopefully the new album will rock.

brennser

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
listening now - fairly impressed so far - thanks

Originally posted by Arthwys:
  For brennser or anyone else that was wanting to check out the new Doves album....  http://www.nme.com/features/111390.htm