Author Topic: The Features news  (Read 1380 times)

kurosawa-b/w

The Features news
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:10:00 am »
From their web site:

This past week was one of the most difficult ever for us as a band. We had to make an incredibly hard decision that has a direct effect on our future. Earlier this week our record label offered us a chance to record a cover song for a large corporation to be used in a commercial. In addition to using the song in the commercial they wanted us to put it on our record and potentially use it as a single. We turned down the offer(knowing the probable consequences), and our record label dropped us. Needless to say, this came at a bad time since we were a week away from recording our next record. At the moment we are weighing all of our options and still plan on recording next month. We will release another record, we just are not sure with what record label. We promise to keep you up to date with new information and as always check back here for new show dates and content.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: The Features news
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:43:00 pm »
...and so I KNEW I liked this band the very first time I heard them.  That's impressive.  Funny thing is, they were already on a commercial...

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 01:45:00 pm »
I think the issue was that they had to cover a song and couldn't use their own material. And then had to put the cover on their album. Hopefully another label will sign them.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:52:00 pm »
Yeah, I hope so too.  Those guys have a lot of talent.

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 01:02:00 am »
I saw them a bit back, bought their album after their brilliant show.  I hope they come back bigger than ever!