Author Topic: is that it for paper tickets?  (Read 1538 times)

notme

is that it for paper tickets?
« on: February 16, 2022, 06:35:12 pm »
can i no longer show up day of show and get a ticket from a stranger for free or cheap? can i take a pic of the ticket on their phone with my phone and get in that way? i guess this will put scalper/ticket flippers outside of shows out of business.

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: is that it for paper tickets?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 07:20:51 pm »
Went to MPP box office and didn't get paper ticket They texted me my ticket.

can i no longer show up day of show and get a ticket from a stranger for free or cheap? can i take a pic of the ticket on their phone with my phone and get in that way? i guess this will put scalper/ticket flippers outside of shows out of business.

Yada

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 07:49:03 pm »
I'm afraid so

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 07:51:55 pm »
isn't the move to digital-only ticketing something that only affect big, scalpable shows?  springsteen @ verizon = digital only, the mama's toasters @ DC9 = paper?
<sig>

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 09:35:35 pm »
Did something change recently? I bought War on Drugs tickets at the Anthem box office last month and they were paper.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 10:47:00 pm »
you can still get paper tix (at least I think so)
but when you buy online...it's like a $5-$10 more to get the paper one, so pretty much no one does

If you go to the box office, you can get a paper one (and at IMP, not pay the ticketwanker fees)
It's just a liability for the scalper, so it's better for them to just get digital and sell online or via stubhub and the like and not have to stand out side before the show hoping some poor sap will pay the price you want

although JeffML said he got a digital tix texted to him at MPP...so maybe it has changed in the last week or so
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 12:07:21 am »
true and MPP was cashless.  CC only.

you can still get paper tix (at least I think so)
but when you buy online...it's like a $5-$10 more to get the paper one, so pretty much no one does

If you go to the box office, you can get a paper one (and at IMP, not pay the ticketwanker fees)
It's just a liability for the scalper, so it's better for them to just get digital and sell online or via stubhub and the like and not have to stand out side before the show hoping some poor sap will pay the price you want

although JeffML said he got a digital tix texted to him at MPP...so maybe it has changed in the last week or so

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 07:48:24 am »
true and MPP was cashless.  CC only.
i think all IMP has been cashless for a few years
slack