Author Topic: Bookies taking bets on whether Amy Winehouse turns up to  (Read 2861 times)

Brian_Wallace

Bookies taking bets on whether Amy Winehouse turns up to
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:39:00 am »
I give her 1/3 on not making V-fest.  They could have made a KILLING on Pete Doherty.  Not only "concerts" but "court appearances."  You could finance your kid's education on that one.  Courtney Love's got an album coming out.  Who wants to offer some action on some prop bets for that?

http://www.nme.com/news/29654

British bookmakers William Hill are offering 1/2 odds on Amy Winehouse not turning up to her next gig, scheduled to be Tuesday's (July 17) Eden Sessions show at the Eden Project in Cornwall, England.

The odds offer comes after Winehouse cancelled her scheduled appearances in the U.K. at last weekend's T In The Park and Oxegen festivals, and was photographed drinking in her local pub despite citing "exhaustion" as the reason for her cancellation.

"Amy has cancelled too many gigs for us not to give out odds," a spokesperson for William Hill said. "The concert is next week so she'll have to sort herself out for that and I can't see it happening."

Brian

K8teebug

Re: Bookies taking bets on whether Amy Winehouse turns up to
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
Sounds like she's the new Morrissey.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
Where's bull930?

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
i still can't get over that before/after picture of her i saw.  from beauty to beast with the push of a plunger.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:
  Where's bull930?
He only comes out if you use the !!!!! mating call.

Wait for it!!!  He'll be right here!!!!
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »
I always sort of envisioned Brian Walalce and bull930 as one person's Mr. Hyde and Doctor Jekyll sides.

bull930

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 07:06:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:
  Where's bull930?
He only comes out if you use the !!!!! mating call.

Wait for it!!!  He'll be right here!!!! [/b]
I'm here!!!! Can't say I care if she comes to V-Fest as I am not going. I will be going to see her in September!

Van, you need to stop looking at my junk when I rock my skinny jeans!

bull930

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 07:07:00 am »
Hope she does come for everyone else though! Take some video and post on youtube!

bnyced0

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 09:05:00 am »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Sounds like she's the new Morrissey.
Totally unfair, being a drunken loser is a little different from having a medical doctor warn you not to sing lest you risk permanent damage to your money maker.  

He's missed some shows over the years but nothing close to the nearly 40% blow off rate of Ms. Wine-Beer-and-anything-else-on-the-shelf.  Though it's obvious she has a disease, it's hard to feel sorry for someone whose biggest selling single is about NOT get the help she so obviously needs.

If you're blowing off steam about not being able to see Moz on his recent swing through the east that's understandable but take a shot at him that has some merit.  

If it was merely some tongue and cheek sarcasm, I'll slowly slink away from here for not getting it immediately and feel like an ass in the corner.