Author Topic: The Emperor Strikes Out  (Read 1067 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
The Emperor Strikes Out
« on: September 07, 2004, 08:42:00 am »
One of my fav 60's inspired groups The Mockers, who have put out a couple cool records in the US, perform the odd festival and now have a top 40 single in Spain. Have  released a great new single and video for "The Emperor Strikes Out".  Here's what they have to say about it...

New Video Release - April 2004

After we had a left field hit with Dejame we were asked to be on a tribute album for Los Nikis , one of the biggest bands in Spain in the '80's.  We decided to record their song El Imperio Contraataca (The Empire Strikes Back), a tongue in cheek look at the Spanish Empire.  But we decided to update it in English, and now the song is called The Emperor Strikes Out , and it's our take on the adventures of our fearless leader.  The song came out so well, that we decided to film a video of it.  So in February, we went to LA and filmed it with legendary director William Holmes.  We're pressing up a special DVD of the video and we'll be releasing it in the next two weeks.  More details very very soon.

Vid and other Mocker stuff can be found here..

http://www.themockers.net

WARNING: Special software maybe needed to view video. For PCs there is a link on the Mockers site.  For OS X I used  http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/
T.Rex

Bags

Re: The Emperor Strikes Out
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 10:42:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  One of my fav 60's inspired groups The Mockers, who have put out a couple cool records in the US, perform the odd festival and now have a top 40 single in Spain.  
In the same vein, the fellows in the Fleshtones have told me that they tour Europe every year, and sell out quite large halls consistently.  In the meantime, they play Iota here....those Europeans are surprising me!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:46:00 am »
I think it's all a matter of marketing. Old 97's sell out 9:30 Club, yet have never toured Europe (to my knowledge).

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  One of my fav 60's inspired groups The Mockers, who have put out a couple cool records in the US, perform the odd festival and now have a top 40 single in Spain.  
In the same vein, the fellows in the Fleshtones have told me that they tour Europe every year, and sell out quite large halls consistently.  In the meantime, they play Iota here....those Europeans are surprising me! [/b]

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:06:00 am »
The video's kinda cute, but I didn't think much of the song and the band.