Author Topic: Private Event?  (Read 2059 times)

Private Event?
« on: January 19, 2005, 02:26:00 pm »
What Republican event will be going on at the 9:30 Club tonight?

Bags

Re: Private Event?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »
Super Diamond.  I met some Texans from the Hill at Bobby Vans last night who are going.  Didn't realize it was a private event at first, but I was, of course, informed.  As if I'd want to be in a room full of reds.  All they have going for them is they appreciate Neil Diamond (though at things like this, often few do -- it's just a free gig).

SalParadise

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Super Diamond.  I met some Texans from the Hill at Bobby Vans last night who are going.  Didn't realize it was a private event at first, but I was, of course, informed.  As if I'd want to be in a room full of reds.  All they have going for them is they appreciate Neil Diamond (though at things like this, often few do -- it's just a free gig).
how's the food at bobby vans?

Bags

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »
Drinks are good, food is fine.  I prefer lunch to dinner, though the filet was really good.

I was stuck downtown due to the Van guy on 15th street -- couldn't get my car out of the garage, so we went drinking and had dinner as the "event" dragged on.  Must have been nearly 100 cop vehicles of different sorts.

brennser

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 03:55:00 pm »
yeah I had no idea why downtown traffic was at a complete standstill until I got home - despite the cold I was glad I was biking

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 04:01:00 pm »
don't forget boogie nights is on the bill, i googled the event because i almost dj'ed it.  it would have been a swaggertastic dj set, but i was worried that i would have to be decomtaminated after the show.
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
Just play a bunch of ministry and it would have all been good.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
what was that neil diamond skit on SNL a few years back .... was it will ferrel doing him?  john goodman?

anyway, it was the funniest thing i've ever seen.
(o|o)

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
I was over at Union Station and couldn't help notice how tacky Republicans dress.   :D

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 05:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I was over at Union Station and couldn't help notice how tacky Republicans dress.    :D  
I was there for lunch today (i work right across from it) and saw some funny shit ... so many midwestern old white couples walking around looking cold ... a pair of particularly fat ones slipped and fell, looked like a couple of beached whales, best part was people just LAUGHED at them, it was great ...
(o|o)

eltee

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
yeah that's real funny  :roll:

BookerT

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 06:44:00 pm »
a pair of particularly fat ones slipped and fell, looked like a couple of beached whales, best part was people just LAUGHED at them, it was great ...
yeah that's real funny
oh, come on. it's a proven, scientific fact that fat people falling down is funny. it's called the saget principle.