Author Topic: Janice Joplin  (Read 2717 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: Janice Joplin
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 05:59:00 pm »
janis joplin was voted ugliest man on the campus of the university of texas during one of her years studying there.
OU812

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 08:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  I hear songs I haven't heard in years all the time on XM "loft". Just last night I heard Janice Ian's "seventeen" I know it's totally a chick song, but I love that song...maybe I'm in touch with my feminim side a little too much!   :eek:  
I bet that a lot of people would still be blown away by that song's lyrics; bitter with a capital B. The Simpsons once used the song as the opening musical number of a beauty pageant. LMAO'ed.

Just remembered another weird fact about the song: Ian performed it on Saturday Night Live's 1975 debut show (first known as NBC's Saturday Night), and not as a joke.
😐 🎶

walkman

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 11:33:00 pm »
ok I'm going to weigh in with some support for Janis...maybe it comes from having a mom who was a total california hippie, or maybe it's just the drugs talking, but I think she's great.  her performance in the Woodstock film is just incredible.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
Yeah I've got a soft spot for ol' Janice.  I did a book report on a Janice biography in the 9th grade.  Haven't heard anything in years and years though.