Author Topic: Soul Asylum  (Read 1263 times)

Summerteeth

Soul Asylum
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »
Did anyone see them at the Bowery recently and are able to say whether they are worth seeing next month with their current lineup?

markie

Re: Soul Asylum
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:36:00 am »
Runaway train never comin' back
 Runaway train tearin' up the track
 Runaway train burnin' in my veins
 Runaway but it always seems the same

stu47

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 02:08:00 am »
to directly answer the question, I have no idea how the new lineup sounds live...

indirectly, there was a point in time, pre-runaway train, I loved soul asylum.....I would have killed to see them live, but now, uh....no, lol

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 09:30:00 am »
I saw them with the Goo Goo Dolls and Screaming Trees on, i believe, their Grave Dancers Union tour.  I could still listen to that whole album through and through, but i dont think i would go see them now.....maybe if it was free.....

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:12:00 am »
I'm taking a chance and going to this show. I have a feeling I will regret it, but we'll see.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:15:00 am »
I read a review that said their new album sounds like Bon Jovi. Whether that means it will be like classic Bon Jovi or the new Have a Nice Day album, I knoweth not.

markie

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 10:19:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  classic Bon Jovi
Something about that phrase makes me want to point and laugh.

earplugsrequired

• http://www.earplugsrequired.com
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 02:29:00 pm »
I don't think I would ever say any of the new material sounded like Bon Jovi. Who said that? From what I read of the reviews of the Bowery Ballroom show in October ( and of the other shows with the new lineup), it was a great show. The new members add to the band. Tommy Stinson is great and he definitely adds a totally different aspect to the band. He's definitely not quiet and reserved like Karl could be. I'm looking forward to seeing them and meeting Tommy.

I've been seeing Soul Asylum for the past 11 years and have never been disappointed. Even on nights when one of the members was sick etc, the shows have always been great and I have many memorable moments.