Author Topic: kraftwerk  (Read 1854 times)

distance

kraftwerk
« on: November 20, 2004, 01:07:00 am »
just got back to the hotel after seeing kraftwerk.  my girlfriend talked to someone that talked to one of the guys in kraftwerk and they said they were planning to do dc and ny in feb.

i'm very much looking forward to this if it ends up happening and it was well worth the effort to go to the show i just went to.

i just hope it's not constitution hall that they play at if they end up playing dc.

Dr. Anton Phibes

Re: kraftwerk
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 01:17:00 am »
Glad you had fun distance, I gave my ticket up to my friend who flew down yesterday...goddamn I hated missing that show....I bet it was super....I missed the Toronto and Coachella shows this year and was looking forward to Miami.....IF they do the Northeast I'm going to ALL.....no doubt about it.......hell,if they do west coast only I'll try to make those if I can.....I had hotel and air booked and 8th row orchestra seats for Miami.....I hope my buddy enjoyed it......He'll be back Sunday....I need a full report......

distance

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 01:20:00 am »
we had 4th row.  should have taken in a camera.  it said no cameras on the tickets, but security didn't care at all.  could have gotten some great tickets.  the show was approximately 2 hours long.  itwas by far the most worthwhile show i travelled to all year.

i had tickets for the toronto show, but ended up not being able to make it up because of having to leave for coachella.  at coachella i couldn't even get into the tent that kraftwerk was in.  it kind of sucked.  i watched some from the outside through the side of the tent, but that really wasn't good enough... i'm very glad i went through the effort of getting to this show and i think i'm definitely going to try to get to whatever northeast shows i can get to.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 01:32:00 am »
Sounds like fun....I was planning to sneak my digital in but I have found tons of great pics from this year's shows on line. The last time they played here in D.C. was 1981 for Computer World. They played the Warner Theater. I would hope they play that space instead of the horrid Const. Hall!
 They were supposed to play the Tibetan show and was one of the main reasons I went and they never played and I was stuck seeing fuckin' REM. Goddamn it! Glad it was worth the effort. I'll hit the February shows if they happen.

distance

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 01:43:00 am »
Originally posted by Born To Rot:
  Sounds like fun....I was planning to sneak my digital in but I have found tons of great pics from this year's shows on line. The last time they played here in D.C. was 1981 for Computer World. They played the Warner Theater. I would hope they play that space instead of the horrid Const. Hall!
i went to the warner once.  wasn't too bad.
 the place tonight only held about 2600 people.
 i'm not sure how big the warner theater is.

Gothiczartan

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 02:04:00 am »
that's my favorate band and I realy enjoy their songs and music videos!  :p