Author Topic: how was the love breed show?  (Read 1335 times)

definitivedoodle

how was the love breed show?
« on: November 26, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
post them here...

ice2658

Re: how was the love breed show?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 03:27:00 pm »
It was certainly one of the more interesting shows ive ever seen.Kannan started off the show right and impressed with his interesting blend of african drums and hip hop.  Jeane Grae was.. Jean Grae.  I suppose she was good if you are a fan of hers.  Monch tore it up!  The crowd was probably rocking the hardest of the whole night during Simon Says.  He had a great set.  Kweli did almost an exact replica of his set from the August show at 9:30 club.  He was on point as usual, did some stuff from his new album which he realized while trying to promote it had actually already came out on Tuesday.  Mos came out in amazing fashion during Get By and it seemed as if the Black Star reunion was in full effect and the rest of the show would be a truly incredible experience.  Unfortunately or fortunately (however you look at it) they did re definition and then Kweli left the stage.  Mos hyped the crowd by saying he would spit some acapella but then went in to one of his many long, drowned out sing songs with 2-5 words he just kept repeating over and over.  He has a great voice but he was clearly in a different world on the stage.  After some nice tracks from New Danger, he continued to ramble on and sing, even at one point doing a national anthem that will never be forgotten.  Eventually, he got to Mathematics and other quality material from Black on Both Sides.  Id say Mos Def put on a good show but it was in my opinion, broken up by ridiculous overdrawn sining and rambling about the state of hip hop and his time away from the game.  All in all, Mos was clearly in a different world than anyone in the room.  It was a worthwile experience to see Black Star together again, but I guess I was hoping for a more standard show.

definitivedoodle

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
thanks.

yea it bothers me abot kweli, seen him so many time and each time it seems to be the same set he always does. from dilated, the roots, doom, its all the same. the best set i saw him do was when he opened for the beasties. still upset that i missed it, i will try and score some tickets for tonights show.

Jesse

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
I was dissapointed in Mos' performance last night

Arlette

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 10:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by ice2658:
  It was certainly one of the more interesting shows ive ever seen.Kannan started off the show right and impressed with his interesting blend of african drums and hip hop.  Jeane Grae was.. Jean Grae.  I suppose she was good if you are a fan of hers.  Monch tore it up!  The crowd was probably rocking the hardest of the whole night during Simon Says.  He had a great set.  Kweli did almost an exact replica of his set from the August show at 9:30 club.  He was on point as usual, did some stuff from his new album which he realized while trying to promote it had actually already came out on Tuesday.  Mos came out in amazing fashion during Get By and it seemed as if the Black Star reunion was in full effect and the rest of the show would be a truly incredible experience.  Unfortunately or fortunately (however you look at it) they did re definition and then Kweli left the stage.  Mos hyped the crowd by saying he would spit some acapella but then went in to one of his many long, drowned out sing songs with 2-5 words he just kept repeating over and over.  He has a great voice but he was clearly in a different world on the stage.  After some nice tracks from New Danger, he continued to ramble on and sing, even at one point doing a national anthem that will never be forgotten.  Eventually, he got to Mathematics and other quality material from Black on Both Sides.  Id say Mos Def put on a good show but it was in my opinion, broken up by ridiculous overdrawn sining and rambling about the state of hip hop and his time away from the game.  All in all, Mos was clearly in a different world than anyone in the room.  It was a worthwile experience to see Black Star together again, but I guess I was hoping for a more standard show.
I have no idea what you're talking about because I am not at all familar with these artists, but that is a great review. I was interested in what you had to say even though I was clueless. It's all about the music and performance, and not just about the "scene".