Author Topic: webster hall warning  (Read 2830 times)

yinzer

webster hall warning
« on: February 24, 2006, 10:23:00 am »
i thought people might want to know that webster hall has REALLY early set times.  a lot of you probably already know that, but i almost found out the hard way last SATURDAY for the BRMC show held there.  i called at 8pm to get the start time for BRMC and they said, "8:45."  i said, "wha wha what!" and darted for a cab.  BRMC took the stage at 8:36 and played until maybe 10:20 or so.  i originally planned on going maybe at 10.  they have to get their dance party on there after a band plays.  news to me.

by the way, 9:30 spoils you.  webster blows compared to it.

kurosawa-b/w

Re: webster hall warning
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 11:54:00 am »
I've been reading a lot of negative comments about Webster lately. Is it true that you can hear the music from downstairs bleeding through? I've only been there once for a very loud show. Can't imagine a quiet show there.

BookerT

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 11:59:00 am »
i've heard only bad things about this place. i'm going to a couple of silver jews shows there next month, we'll see if it lives down to its reputation.

SalParadise

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
if you're gonna be up close, i recommend ear plugs. they crank up the sound there (my ears still aren't quite back to normal since the bss shows almost a month ago). and you'll wanna get up close, because the sightlines kinda suck if you're further back (low stage.. or maybe because i'm shorter?). it's easy to move around though.

definitely not as good as 930, but not that bad a venue either.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »
I remember seeing Echo and the Bunnymen there a couple of years back, and it's true...they went on early and I missed a few songs. Definitely not a great place, but I've been to much worse. I was pretty impressed with the House of Blues San Diego this past week. Great sound.