Author Topic: Thats it I'm moving to LA!  (Read 1560 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Thats it I'm moving to LA!
« on: September 10, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
The Dukes Of Silverlake, a Dukes Of Stratosphear cover band, are playing at Spaceland, 1717 Silver Lake Blvd., Los Angeles, on July 27th as part of the International Pop Overthrow festival. They will be performing the 25 O'clock e.p. in all its glory and splendor. The band consists of Matt Mahaffey [of Self], Jason Falkner and various members of The 88. They'll be playing musical chairs throughout the set and no one instrument will be touched by the same hands twice! This truly is a marvel of catastrophic proportions not to be missed! So, if you're an XTC fan or a friend of one, we suggest you crawl out from your rock. THANK YOU. (Watch the video )
T.Rex

Bags

Re: Thats it I'm moving to LA!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
mother of god....

By the way, did anyone notice (i.e., did you notice, Kosmo) that Falkner is credited on Lisa Loeb's new album?  Wonder what his role is/was...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 03:09:00 pm »
probably working as a hired hand in order to pay the bills... i haven't watched all the footage yet, but on the bonus dvd for air's walkie talkie you can see him playing bass with them.  he also was playing with beck for awhile.  there are reports that he was recording an power trio album with the most hated man in rock paul mccartney.  still looking for further info on that one..
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  there are reports that he was recording an power trio album with the most hated man in rock paul mccartney.  still looking for further info on that one..
I read that on his website in the forum.  I think it's true, though I can't point to the place to verify it...

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
http://kroq.com/kroqnow/kroqnow.htm

If I was in L.A. this weekend and had nothing to do I might roadtrip to this show.....maybe....

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  but on the bonus dvd for air's walkie talkie you can see him playing bass with them.
Thank you.  That has been bugging me for a while now.  I knew he looked familiar.
27>34