Author Topic: BYT posts review, download of new WFTBO mix...  (Read 1067 times)

Ricky0710

BYT posts review, download of new WFTBO mix...
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »
Hey gang!

Firstly, a last minute shout-out about tonight---We Fought the Big One begins shortly after 10pm at the Marx Cafe in Mt.Pleasant. Local indie music hero Kevin Buckholdt (The Parlor Scouts/Antiques/Prom Concussion) will be joining Brandon and myself behind the turntables this evening, as we celebrate and slobber over our favorite left-of-center post-punk, shoegaze and indie ditties from the past & present, all the while trying to justify how much time & money we spend on said records.  ;)

As usual, Marx Cafe's charming and ridiculously attractive bartenders will be offering a generous selection of choice Belgian libations to help whet your whistle and keep your mood in a proper silly mindset.

Hope you can join us!

"We Fought the Big One"
 w/guest dj Kevin Buckholdt
 at MARX CAFE
 3203 Mt. Pleasant St. NW
 Washington DC
 10pm - 3am
 NO COVER  21+
 www.myspace.com/wefoughtthebigone

Also, William Alberque said some very nice things about our humble dj night over at BrightestYoungThings today. The site has posted William's track-by-track review of our latest mix cd which we curated to celebrate our 4-year-anniversary. You can read the review, stream and/or download the entire mix here: http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/downloads/download-we-fought-the-big-one-mixtape/

Btw, we will also have cd copies of said mix on hand tonight for those that prefer a tactile musical experience...

Thanks all!
 Rick

vansmack

Re: BYT posts review, download of new WFTBO mix...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:11:00 pm »
Maybe it's because I'm hung over, but I'm enjoying the mix.
27>34

walkonby

Re: BYT posts review, download of new WFTBO mix...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »
i'm still waiting for that band when said as an acronymn, it's every letter (in order) of the alphabet.