Author Topic: C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS!  (Read 18378 times)

dfmcpete

Re: C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS!
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2008, 09:27:00 am »
Go Flyers!   :D

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »
Is this like an election where I can demand a recount, because 3-2 is pretty darn close.

;)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2008, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
  Is this like an election where I can demand a recount, because 3-2 is pretty darn close.

;)  
Doesn't the margin have to be less than 1/10th of 1%?  If so the score would have to be 1001 to 1000 to demand a recount.  Although technically that is a recount at taxpayer expense.  You may well be able to call for a recount at your own expense no matter the margin.  Then again am I giving the Washington Post fodder for their blogs?
FUKIT

slappy

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  goodbye slappy, see you in October!    
Uhhhh... ok? Have fun where ever you're going.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
   Then again am I giving the Washington Post fodder for their blogs?
LOL. Michael Wilbon starts stealing one-liners from 930.com.

slappy

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
  I would say that the team with the best regular season record is the best team in the league...simply because it's based over a longer period, more teams and more games. You can be the best team in the world and some crappy team have your number so beat you most times. (In England we call that your bogey team) You meet that team in the playoffs and it's goodbye, you're out in 7. This crappy team then go out 4-0 in the next round because they're, well, crap, but the team who swept them you've beaten them handsomely every time you played them during the regular season....who's the best team?

Ever heard the saying...."this is the playoffs, everything changes"
Good points.

But don't you think the 'best' team is one that finds a way to get over their bogey team in a series.

Like in real football, the majority of Europeans aren't going to remember Juventus came out of the qualifying rounds with the best record in the 2004 Champions League. They'll remember Liverpool winning it over Milan.

(Again the 'best' to the majority of Europe, not UK since they couldn't even break into the top four of the Premiership that year.)