Author Topic: Ticketmaster stock  (Read 2019 times)

930clubber

Ticketmaster stock
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »
IAC, whose board has approved the breakup plan, said it plans to divide itself into IAC, a Web- and advertising-focused business that includes Ask.com and Match.com; HSN, a retailing company that includes the HSN home-shopping channel; Ticketmaster, the concert-ticket vendor; Interval International, a resort-booking company; and LendingTree, an online lender.
Next year we can buy stock in the surcharge rapist. Yay!

ggw

Re: Ticketmaster stock
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:12:00 pm »
Too bad LiveNation is taking it's ticketing business in-house next year.  That's about a 15% drop in revenue for Ticketmaster.  It's always good to break off the dogs from the still profitable business lines.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:31:00 pm »
so pull a buffet: investors will panick, stock will drop, you scoop it up at basement price.  it's not as if ticketmaster is short of saps willing to pay their ridiculous surcharges.  i should know, i'm one of them.  fewer shows to sell = higher surcharges, and/or TM finds new and innovative ways of racking in more of the take on show night.

a tad more info on the split:  http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/11/iac-to-split-in.html
<sig>

930clubber

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:38:00 pm »
maybe TM will expand into restaurant and doctor or dental reservations.

i do regret missing out on the LiveNation spin-off, in december right before Xmas??  11->18 quick.

you guys have an opinion on LiveNation?  vertically integrated and tough to value with the mish mash of businesses.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »
you're turning to this board for investment advice?  really?  if that's the case, my friend mankie might have some land in florida to sell you...
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  you're turning to this board for investment advice?
I come for the religious, medical, and romantic advice. I stay for the financial and musical advice.

930clubber

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:22:00 pm »
you're the one who cited pulling a buffet.  so i figured you knew something to back it up.  i asked for an opinion on LiveNation.  if you can't, you can't.  don't overgeneralize what i was asking for.

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  you're turning to this board for investment advice?  really?  if that's the case, my friend mankie might have some land in florida to sell you...

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by 930clubber:
  you guys have an opinion on LiveNation?  
I'd rather invest in tobacco or companies that do business in Iran or Darfur...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
  you're the one who cited pulling a buffet.  so i figured you knew something to back it up.  i asked for an opinion on LiveNation.  if you can't, you can't.  don't overgeneralize what i was asking for.
how is pointing out the fact that you're asking for investment advice on a snobby music board an over-generalization?  :p   just making a wise-crack, FYI.  nothing serious, or personal.

if you wanna talk valuation of LN, let's take it somewhere else (PM, an investment chat board, etc).  i prefer boring boardees with lame attempts at music-related humor and inane pop-culture observations.  talk of P/E and corporate strategy comparisons might ruin my carefully cultivated image of an under-informed douche-bag.
<sig>

930clubber

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »
sweetcell, sorry for blowing your cover, we'll continue this discussion at math team practice after school.  ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

I'd rather invest in tobacco or companies that do business in Iran or Darfur... [/b]
daggone

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
I tried to come up with a witty, biting response to that question but echoing this one is easier.

Originally posted by vansmack:

I'd rather invest in tobacco or companies that do business in Iran or Darfur... [/b]
احمد