Author Topic: a beautiful machine  (Read 1953 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
a beautiful machine
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:38:00 am »
One of the best groups I've encountered while searching for music released as either open source audio or under the creative commons license, is an Australian shoegazer band called a beautiful machine.  Fans of other shoegazer bands will really enjoy this groups output.  Top notch stuff along the lines of Ride and My Bloody Valentine.  It's all here loud crashing feedback, as well as delicate ambient sounds. The production is top notch as well. Slip on a pair of headphones and listen to the sounds swirl around between the ear pieces.

The music can be downloaded from the Internet Archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22A%20Beautiful%20Machine%20%2F%20Embryo%20Recordings%22

The bands label is  embryo recordings  

I hope to get my blog running soon with more discoveries like this...
T.Rex

Chip Chanko

Re: a beautiful machine
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 10:35:00 am »
downloading...will have to listen over the holidays.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
Also checkout "Down With The Chairman" which is a "radio show" dedicated to Netlabels which distributes artist outside of the electronica genres most often found.  It's where I first found out about a beautiful machine.

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collectionid=DWTC25&collection=sijis
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 06:13:00 pm »
While creeping home in traffic today I listened to the second release "Solar Winds, White Noise, Antigravity" (EMB011) which is another great record.   This will appeal to fans of post-punk bands like Joy Division/ early New Order, Bauhaus, as well as bands like The Catherine Wheel.
T.Rex

Bartelby

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 06:51:00 pm »
Listening to A Beautiful Machine downloads while I bake pies for tomorrow.  (Yep, I torture my friends once  a year...just pray they drink LOTS of booze prior to dessert.)  Get that blog on-line - I like your suggestions!

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 09:08:00 pm »
My kind of music!   :D  

Thanks, Kosmo.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 09:22:00 am »
blog is on its way... anyone feeling nostalgic for obscure new wave bands should checkout    Lost Bands of The New Wave Era Marquee, Twangirl, etc might get a kick out of this one.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »
So here is the beta version of my blog... be kind and i've got in the pipeline several other net releases to post about.  will try to bring some of the better tracks along on friday for art-o-matic

http://www.micropop.net/
T.Rex