Author Topic: Dirty Blonde Diaries  (Read 819 times)

Dirty Blonde Diaries
« on: May 31, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
Courtney Love's Memoirs Should Be An Interesting Read

Courtney Love will reveal more details about her life when she publishes her memoirs in November.

Dirty Blonde: The Diaries Of Courtney Love is a 288-page confessional complete with poetry, journal entries, letters, childhood records, song lyrics, fanzine material, show fliers and never-before-seen photographs that include her late husband, Kurt Cobain, and their daughter, Frances Bean. Love's deepest thoughts and inspirational wisdom can be found throughout, with quotes such as this one that comes from a four-page preview:

"There is no such thing as girl love, because all cool girls are competitive cunts, which is worth loving in itself, so it's okay. Just don't pretend it's otherwise! Celebrate the reality!"

Another entry gives insight into Love and Cobain's life at home:

"Exactly one month ago today was the last time I made love with my husband. I cooked him dinner. We spent four hours in the playroom with Frances. We saw Schindler's List. It made us frightened for life and we saw the value of life. Our convictions we defined until 4 a.m. and we fell asleep in each other's arms and woke up that way in the morning."

Another part of the book refers to Cobain's Rohypnol and champagne overdose in Rome, which Love came to believe was a suicide attempt. "I see it now," she wrote.

"I just didn't want to see it then. Last night, I re-read the note he left in Rome. It's so obviously a suicide note, so fucking obvious."

An apology note from Love to Cobain and their daughter, written on stationery from the Sunset Marquis hotel in West Hollywood, California, may be the inspiration for a song called "Sunset Marquis" that's intended to appear on Love's new album.

There's also a 1976 rejection letter from the New Mickey Mouse Club addressed to "Coco Rodriguez," a name that Love may have used while living with her stepfather, Frank Rodriguez. A 1979 report from Hillcrest School cites a Love fit that included screaming and loud swearing about bugs.