Author Topic: George Clinton & P-Funk  (Read 1187 times)

slickslopesurfer

George Clinton & P-Funk
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:49:00 pm »
About 5 years ago I think I saw them a few times for around $20.  Anyone know if there is a specific reason for the high price on this tour?

Its my b-day and I was thinking about getting down tonight.

Che

Re: George Clinton & P-Funk
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:59:00 pm »
George Clinton's price has gone up throughout the years I think due to demand.  He almost always sells out the 9:30 club, and if they can sellout with higher prices why not charge more.  If you go down to richmond he still charges about 25 bucks.  The show at rams head live in march is 30 bucks.  I think its been 40 bucks the last 3 or 4 times hes played here though.  

One things for sure he was a much better preformer when he was only 20 bucks.  These last 10 years haven't been the greatest on ol' George.

slickslopesurfer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 03:57:00 pm »
thanks Che

Iâ??m all for capitalism (sorta).  I was just curious if there was something I was missing.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by SlopeSurfer:
    Anyone know if there is a specific reason for the high price on this tour?

Have you seen the cost of an 8-ball of 'caine these days?  20 dollah cover ain't gonna cut it!

distance

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 10:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Che:
  George Clinton's price has gone up throughout the years I think due to demand.  He almost always sells out the 9:30 club, and if they can sellout with higher prices why not charge more.  If you go down to richmond he still charges about 25 bucks.  The show at rams head live in march is 30 bucks.  I think its been 40 bucks the last 3 or 4 times hes played here though.
it was $35 most of the time i saw it listed here (or at other venues) for quite a while.  seems to be pretty standard for me.  even $40 for p-funk (for ~3 hours) is an absolute steal compared to $90+ for (decent) coldplay tickets.