Author Topic: Fiery Furnaces  (Read 3352 times)

Vas Deferens

Fiery Furnaces
« on: June 02, 2006, 09:03:00 am »
Last time I saw this band, they opened for Ted Leo. I was actually annoyed by this band, but I'm not sure why. I saw them in California, but I did not get a refund.
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  I was actually annoyed by this band
well, i'm annoyed by their recorded work, so a live show would be a little too much for me to take ... i'm annoyed by many different bands on many different levels, but i think the fiery furnaces and dresden dolls share the same level of annoyance for me, for whatever that's worth
(o|o)

ggw

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 11:52:00 am »
I also find them one of the most annoying bands I have seen.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 01:02:00 pm »
They are so annoying that even California won't refund you your money on their shows because they've annoyed the entire state that much!

They completely annoy me too and I refuse to listen to them or attend any of their shows.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 01:29:00 pm »
It looks like Man Man are opening this show...are they good, anyone?

Originally posted by Jaguar:
  They are so annoying that even California won't refund you your money on their shows because they've annoyed the entire state that much!

They completely annoy me too and I refuse to listen to them or attend any of their shows.
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 01:31:00 pm »
Are you considering going even though they annoyed you the last time you saw them live?

[/b]

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
I'm considering seeing the opening acts...if they are worthy...if I go, i'll probably leave after a few songs by Fiery...

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Are you considering going even though they annoyed you the last time you saw them live?

[/b]
[/b]
(_|_)

Venerable Bede

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
in california, if a band is deemed worthy, they pay you a tithe (based on a percentage of their earnings).
OU812

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 01:44:00 pm »
I quite like the Fiery Furnaces.  They're in a short list of bands that have captured by attention lately, although their status as "favorite new band" was put to a stop with Rehearsing My Choir.  I plan on being there, though.  The last 9:30 show of theirs was great, IMO.

I'm considering seeing the opening acts...if they are worthy...if I go, i'll probably leave after a few songs by Fiery...

mattedling

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 06:17:00 pm »
man is a spectacular band.  The lead singer Honus Honus sounds like a freaked out Tom Waits.  Their sound is a mix of Jewish Kelzmer, dirges, waltzes, and Frank Zappa.  I'm debating whether to go to this show for Man Man or try and make the trek up to NYC for the free TV On the Radio/Matt Pond PA/Voxtrot show.