Author Topic: Bands that at one point or another have blown my mind  (Read 9132 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Bands that at one point or another have blown my mind
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by lagas:

Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:

I would have to say The Clash in 78 and Ian Dury and the Blockheads in 79 and Japan also in 79'ish.

Ian Dury would probably take the #1 spot by a nose.

I put these three over the gazzillion times I've seen Bowie, because I expect an amazing show to see the great one, but wasn't expecting too much for these, so they in effect "blew me away."
wow, Japan, that must have been something to remember [/b]
Sarcasm? [/b]
Not at all, I really love Japan and David Sylvian for that matter, geez, easy with the touchy people [/b]
Not touchy at all...just wondering how to respond.

Yes, Japan were amazing in concert and still one of my all time favourite bands. Shame they split so early in their career. I was hoping VH1 would try to reunite them when they were doing that show, but it wasn't to be I suppose.

lagas

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

I would have to say The Clash in 78 and Ian Dury and the Blockheads in 79 and Japan also in 79'ish.

Ian Dury would probably take the #1 spot by a nose.

I put these three over the gazzillion times I've seen Bowie, because I expect an amazing show to see the great one, but wasn't expecting too much for these, so they in effect "blew me away."
wow, Japan, that must have been something to remember [/b]
Sarcasm? [/b]
Not at all, I really love Japan and David Sylvian for that matter, geez, easy with the touchy people [/b]
Not touchy at all...just wondering how to respond.

Yes, Japan were amazing in concert and still one of my all time favourite bands. Shame they split so early in their career. I was hoping VH1 would try to reunite them when they were doing that show, but it wasn't to be I suppose. [/b]
Yeah, to see them live must be a lifetime highlight. About the VH1 thing, or any reunion tour, its highly unlikely. I have read a couple interviews of DS and he seems a pretty reclusive guy. But then again, theres always hope
zorra

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »
There's some great live performances by Japan on youtube.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  Goldfrapp. Any and all shows.
 PJ Harvey 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007.
 Tori Amos at the 9:30 Club in 1998.
 Daft Punk at Red Rocks.
 Bjork at Radio City 2001.
 Jill Scott at the 9:30 Club 2004.

There are so many I can't think of right now.
Adding to this, Concha Buika with Kiko Navarro and Ilario Alicante in Madrid 2005.

Antony and the Johnsons/Joan as Police Woman, Sevilla 2005.

Sigur Ros at the Strathmore in 2005.

Malcolm Holcombe at Red Eye Fly's at SXSW 2008. (His tooth fell out mid-set, and he KEPT going. Not to mention, he was probably my favorite, the most refreshing act I'd seen the entire festival. And older guy from NC with a guitar and a harmonica that managed to turn it OUT.)
Woof.