Author Topic: start complaining...  (Read 1896 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
start complaining...
« on: March 01, 2005, 04:59:00 pm »
...now:

i spent the weekend hanging out at a few taste of chaos shows, and i got to hear the early stages of a new project that will be all over the place sometime soon.  the used and my chemical romance are going to record a cover of "under pressure," to be released via itunes for charity.  a video is planned as well.  i know most of y'all hate it without even hearing it, so i thought i'd give you the chance to bitch about it before anyone else can.  have at it.

photo credit: me

markie

Re: start complaining...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 05:06:00 pm »
Do you think that one day you might hang out with some good bands so that we can all get jealous?  :p  

Nice piccie, but it is huge. You could save your server some effort by resizing it down some.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Miss MaRpIe:
  Do you think that one day you might hang out with some good bands so that we can all get jealous?   :p  

i only tell y'all about hanging out with the bands you don't like.  the bands you like tell me that they'd rather you didn't know.

Nice piccie, but it is huge. You could save your server some effort by resizing it down some.
thanks.  it's already resized.  my image editing software is on another machine, so i had to d/l and fix and repost.  not that anyone cares about the bands, but i got a ton of good shots this weekend and will probably be posting them in the same place eventually.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 05:56:00 pm »
and here i was expecting you were going to tell us that Gang of Four were playing at Nation, Constitution Hall or Bender Arena... Although the idea of Gang of Four at DAR would be mildly amusing  :p
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 06:05:00 pm »
Too late Kosmo, they're playing at the 9:30!  :)  I think I'm getting guest listed for this one, no stupid presales or fighting to get tickets. I'd be blown away if it sold out as fast as Interpol though.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 06:07:00 pm »
I thought he was going to say 930 club is going to be booking all spanish language shows from now on!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 06:08:00 pm »
if ever there were ever to a 9:30 DJ rumble it would be over who gets the Gang of Four show...  I call thatguy for my corner
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 06:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  I thought he was going to say 930 club is going to be booking all spanish language shows from now on!
El Disco Las Nueve y Media!!

eltee

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 06:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
 thanks.  it's already resized.  my image editing software is on another machine, so i had to d/l and fix and repost.  not that anyone cares about the bands, but i got a ton of good shots this weekend and will probably be posting them in the same place eventually.
Keep the stories and pictures coming!

bearman🐻

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 07:39:00 pm »
Speaking of which, how does one go about DJing a 9:30 Club gig? I have often fantasized about doing that. I think it would be so much fun, especially for a gig like Gang of Four.

SalParadise

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 08:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Speaking of which, how does one go about DJing a 9:30 Club gig? I have often fantasized about doing that. I think it would be so much fun, especially for a gig like Gang of Four.
me too (well, minus the fantasize part)

kosmizzle?

Sir HC

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 09:04:00 pm »
You on the road again?

Go4 I don't think sold out the old 9:30 when they toured there back in the 90s.  I guess they have grown in popularity some, but I don't know if they will sell it out.