Author Topic: Quiet Riot singer died.  (Read 1255 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Quiet Riot singer died.
« on: November 26, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office said. She said an autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.

"I can't even find the words to say," Quiet Riot bandmate Frankie Banali said on his Web site. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot, which was founded in the mid-1970s, topped the Billboard charts in 1983 with the album "Metal Health," spurred on by the massive hit single "Cum on Feel the Noize."

The band has since endured break-ups and personnel changes but released a new album in 2006 and continued to tour sporadically.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Quiet Riot singer died.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »
Maybe Quiet Riot's singer, Hawthorne Heights' guitar player, Robert Goullet, and Kanye West's mom can start an 60's-esque Motown group in heaven.    :(

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:40:00 pm »
Dude just stfu.

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Lambofgodfan:
  Dude just stfu.
Or you could just ignore him like the rest of did....

This thread sat idle for 3+ hours for a reason.
27>34

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Lambofgodfan:
  Dude just stfu.
Or you could just ignore him like the rest of did....

This thread sat idle for 3+ hours for a reason. [/b]
good point.

Reod Dai

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »
This is actually really, really weird.  Just last night, on the extremely long drive back from Portland to Los Angeles, I found myself replaying a bit from Strong Bad Email #95 (homestarrunner.com) in my head.  Specifically, the joke about Homestar Runner changing his name to Kevin DuBrow.  My best friend and I used to laugh about that, but it's been ages since I thought about it.  Why it popped into my head last night, I've no idea.  Strange.

saintangelsin

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:25:00 am »
Quiet Riot were cheezy, but they were a decent metal band. I remember their songs on the radio when I was a kid. It's still sad.

What I don't get is how this year has been so full of death. I don't think I know a single person in my life who hasn't lost someone this year.