Author Topic: Cab company outside 930?  (Read 1866 times)

finger11

Cab company outside 930?
« on: November 27, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
Hey all, does anyone know the typical cab company that picks up outside the club after the show?

I went to the show last night and left my winter hat, which I love, in the cab ride home, but don't remember the cab company it was.  All I remember was there were two of the same outside...

Thanks all.

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Cab company outside 930?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »
there are hundreds of cab companies in the city and thousands of independent hacks ... i think we have more cabbies per capita and less taxi regulation than any other major american city

i haven't noticed any particular cab companies outside the club, although i have no idea about what kind of shady kick-back deals thatguy is running    ;)  
  here's a link to the cab commission's lost & found service, but good luck finding a hat
(o|o)

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »
Would it help if we all chipped in to buy you a new hat?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »
no going to happen - we all blew our spare cash on fantasy football and the survivor pools.  survivor pool victors have already spent winnings by pre-ordering the vinyl box-set of "In Rainbows".

$6 yuenglings don't help, either.
<sig>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

i haven't noticed any particular cab companies outside the club, although i have no idea about what kind of shady kick-back deals thatguy is running     ;)    

i wish i could pull something like that off.  i just don't have the time or energy to organize it.  you set it up, and i'll give you a cut.

the two major cab companies that come to the club are diamond and yellow, but there are literally hundreds of other options.  it would be very difficult to figure out who picked you up last night.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
 i wish i could pull something like that off.  i just don't have the time or energy to organize it.  you set it up, and i'll give you a cut.
done and done.

i just need to find some muscle to keep the competition at bay ... any ideas on where i could find some huge scary-looking guy?

i know you probably wouldn't talk about this if it was the case, but as a locally-owned business do you ever have to deal with extortion / organized crime with crap like cabs / trash pickup / crime prevention / stuff like that?  i was always curious as to how much that stuff (protection rackets, etc) pervades DC ... seems like the gang stuff around here is much less "organized crime" in that traditional sense
(o|o)

finger11

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »
Thanks Hoya... I e-mailed the address on the page even though I know it's a long shot... I think it might have been a diamond cab that picked us up.