Author Topic: Ben Folds pass  (Read 8403 times)

Bags

Re: Ben Folds pass
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 06:40:00 pm »
Wouldn't it be SO COOL if he were touring with WILLIAM SHATNER?!?!?!    ;)

mirrorball

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by shmarabat:
  if the "presale" is sold out, does that mean the entire show is sold out?  because if it did, i would be really depressed.
No worries. Pre-sales involve only a fraction of the overall tickets for each show. So there will be tickets available during the regular sale.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2005, 07:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by ratioci nation:

Originally posted by RatBastard:
  Its the fault of the developers of firefox who chose not to follow the stanbards.  Same as with AOL users having to follow special instructiuons all the time.  Its sad that not only do some people think AOL is an ISP (they are actually a proprietary on line server) but some also think AOL -IS- the internet!
um, you have that a little backwards there, Firefox is one of the MOST standards compliant browsers available, Microsoft is the bad one here that has people using all kinds of proprietary code [/b]
Actually I didnt mention anything about IE at all.  However when I design web pages, I build towards my target audience.  When I run them again all code validators they pass for 99% plus of the visitors to my site (based on browers used as determined by the server logs).  Not to defend MS or anyone else for that matter, but if one one given product is used by 85% or more of a population then it is cutting your nose to spite you face to not recognize that by default it sets teh standards.  Not saying thats right, just the way it is.  Note however that FF has started releasing updates, upgrades, and service packs even in its very short life span.  So even that falls to code bugs like everyone else.
FUKIT

ratioci nation

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2005, 09:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  um, you have that a little backwards there, Firefox is one of the MOST standards compliant browsers available, Microsoft is the bad one here that has people using all kinds of proprietary code
Actually I didnt mention anything about IE at all.  However when I design web pages, I build towards my target audience.  When I run them again all code validators they pass for 99% plus of the visitors to my site (based on browers used as determined by the server logs).  Not to defend MS or anyone else for that matter, but if one one given product is used by 85% or more of a population then it is cutting your nose to spite you face to not recognize that by default it sets teh standards.  Not saying thats right, just the way it is.  Note however that FF has started releasing updates, upgrades, and service packs even in its very short life span.  So even that falls to code bugs like everyone else. [/QB][/QUOTE]

ie's percentage share is falling, and will continue to do so, by following standards that even microsoft has accepted, you ensure that all browsers will display the site reasonably, there is no excuse for making a site work only in ie when it can easily work in both without even serving up different code to each browser, even a standards compliant tableless site viewed with netscape 4.7 can still present the information in a logical way if coded right, sites dont have to look exactly the same in all browsers, but they should degrade in a way where they are still functional to the user

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2005, 09:31:00 pm »

ie's percentage share is falling, and will continue to do so, by following standards that even microsoft has accepted, you ensure that all browsers will display the site reasonably, there is no excuse for making a site work only in ie when it can easily work in both without even serving up different code to each browser, even a standards compliant tableless site viewed with netscape 4.7 can still present the information in a logical way if coded right, sites dont have to look exactly the same in all browsers, but they should degrade in a way where they are still functional to the user
yeah!!!
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2005, 09:49:00 pm »
  if coded right
Might I commend you on your quote job when talking about coding properly....just thought that was funny.

Netscape?  Are they still in business?
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2005, 10:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 Might I commend you on your quote job when talking about coding properly....just thought that was funny.

Netscape?  Are they still in business?
doh! whoops   :D  

you can still get old netscape browsers here
 http://browsers.evolt.org/

and netscape 8 is coming soon
 http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm?go=news.view&news=4596

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2005, 01:56:00 pm »
  and netscape 8 is coming soon
  http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm?go=news.view&news=4596
I read yesterday that the beta was out, and I thought, "they still make Netscape?"  Looking forward to it.
27>34