Author Topic: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire  (Read 35796 times)

vansmack

Re: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I taped it. They played Laika. As usual for tv, the mix was bad, but the performance was great!
I thought that it would look a little weird to the casual viewer because it's sooo out of context to do what they do for just one song.  But it was enjoyable for folks in the know.  The drum stick smacking the lead singer in the face was pretty cool too.
27>34

dtqjr

« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2005, 01:25:00 am »
I don't remember this as part of the 9:30 Club Arcade Fire experience on 01/30/05

http://www.pancakemountain.com/tv.html

Jaguär

« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2005, 01:56:00 am »
Really? I wasn't there so wouldn't know but I had seen that clip the other week. Maybe it was shot during the sound check.

But what I would like to know, with all of the people in that band, do you mean to tell me that that is the best singer that they could come up with?   :roll:

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Really? I wasn't there so wouldn't know but I had seen that clip the other week. Maybe it was shot during the sound check.

But what I would like to know, with all of the people in that band, do you mean to tell me that that is the best singer that they could come up with?    :roll:  
it's probably sound-check ... you can see someone walking in front of the stage at the very beginning ...

this is just like suki's comment about interpol being too down-in-the-dumps, i wouldn't want to see interpol as a "happy" band, and i wouldn't want to see arcade fire with a "technically good" singer ... his voice is perfect because its completely raw and cracks with emotion ...
(o|o)

freddyadu

« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
has anyone purchased the dvd? i would like to see full versions of the arcade fire and fiery furnaces.   how many songs do they play on there?

lacubriouschick

« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2005, 07:20:00 pm »
that was the kids show before the actual show started. it went on from 6 to 7. i know becasue i was one of four people in line when the little kids started coming in. thats pretty awesome though.

dtqjr

« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2005, 03:38:00 am »
Originally posted by valerie:
  that was the kids show before the actual show started. it went on from 6 to 7. i know becasue i was one of four people in line when the little kids started coming in. thats pretty awesome though.
wow, so there are benefits to having children