Author Topic: Worst Week Ever  (Read 2355 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Worst Week Ever
« on: October 28, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »
Any other Best Week Ever fans here?  How about the new format with Paul F. Thompkins as the host...

Personally, the new format blows and it just isn't funny anymore.  Using Thompkins as the hosts reduces it little more than a Entertainment Tonight clone.  As Kosmette pointed out, the old format was like having a bunch of witty friends over discussing the absurdities of pop culture.  Now it's a show with mildly funny host and a couple correspondents...  Unless it makes improvements soon, I no longer be watching...
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Worst Week Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »
I liked that show like 4 or 5 years ago when it came out. Then they came back and thought they were the shit.

The Soup > Best Week Ever   .
‼‼?‼‼

BookerT

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

The Soup > Best Week Ever   .
i'm going to take my opportunity to say this because i'm pretty sure it'll be the only time i can do so:

i agree with dfa1979

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »
Frangelina was one of the best parts of the BWE and they were MIA this week..

however "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" > BWE but I need both to round me out...
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »
yes, but who was the best soup host?

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  Any other Best Week Ever fans here?  How about the new format with Paul F. Thompkins as the host...

Personally, the new format blows and it just isn't funny anymore.  Using Thompkins as the hosts reduces it little more than a Entertainment Tonight clone.  As Kosmette pointed out, the old format was like having a bunch of witty friends over discussing the absurdities of pop culture.  Now it's a show with mildly funny host and a couple correspondents...  Unless it makes improvements soon, I no longer be watching...
I too was disappointed in this until I realized how rarely I watch BWE anymore .. but I so love the web content. Even though Alex Blagg is gone from the site, it's still kicking it well.
nothx

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »
I agree with the Soup > BWE comment.

I'm not sure about the new format, but BWE had gotten really unfunny the last 6 months or so. This will perk my interest for a while, but ultimately Paul F. Tompkins was never that funny to me to begin with. BWE may well get dropped from the Season Pass.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
skunk boy, clearly
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
I love love loooove Joel McHale, but that guy who does all the "I Love The [decade]'s" show was pretty good.
‼‼?‼‼