Author Topic: good/fun places to watch election results?  (Read 10178 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: good/fun places to watch election results?
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »
I never changed my address when I moved. Is it OK to vote in the district where I used to live? It's the same county...     ;)

oops...nevermind...
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
i believe as long as you didn't try to register at the new address you are still on the roles at the old address... you can always go to the old polling site and get a provisional ballot...

go here to verify where you are registered

http://www.mdelections.org/voter_registration/v2/vote_prod.php if you are in MD that is
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  I never changed my address when I moved. Is it OK to vote in the district where I used to live? It's the same county...     ;)  
OMFG LIBERAL ELITE VOTER FRAUD CALL THE CIA/FBI/ATF/NAVY SEALS!!!111
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »
Ok thanks kosmo...i'm still registered at the old addy's district...!

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i believe as long as you didn't try to register at the new address you are still on the roles at the old address... you can always go to the old polling site and get a provisional ballot...

go here to verify where you are registered

http://www.mdelections.org/voter_registration/v2/vote_prod.php  if you are in MD that is
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »
that site came in handy for me as my address at one point was incorrectly entered and because of that i was assigned to a different polling place than kosmette...  sent in a request for address change to PG county then never heard back from them, it was through that site i found it had been fixed...
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »
Nah, it's not fraud  ;)

Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  I never changed my address when I moved. Is it OK to vote in the district where I used to live? It's the same county...      ;)  
OMFG LIBERAL ELITE VOTER FRAUD CALL THE CIA/FBI/ATF/NAVY SEALS!!!111 [/b]
(_|_)

Bags

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »
I treated the election like the DC DMV.  Went mid-morning, hoping to catch a relative lull between the before work crowd and the lunch rush.  Worked out fairly well, I think, as the whole thing took me 45 minutes.

Three t.v. cameras at my mid-town DC polling location.

Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  looks like it sucks to be voting at a particular  silver spring location today... two hour + wait
I'm not surprised.  There were a few hundred people at my SS location at 7:30 this morning. It was moving pretty well though. [/b]

nkotb

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »
Voting at my place in Alexandria took me 5 minutes today around 2-ish.  Glad I waited.  My poor wife was in line for an hour and a half.

Samantha

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »
I usually go mid-morning and never have a line, but yesterday I went by and the parking lot was full so I said frak it.  I went back at 4, when I assumed the after-work rush would begin, but there was no one there.  No line, unless you wanted to use the single electronic voting machine...so I just grabbed a paper ballot, did the damn thing, and left.  5 minutes tops, while a handful of people waited because they're too good for paper.  Bizarre.

thirsty moore

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2008, 09:24:00 pm »
I never changed registration from Maryland so I voted at the Elementary School I went to growing up.  Didn't recognize the place at all.  Took 20 minutes at the most.  No lines.

Best place to see the election results?  In front of the White House!!!  I hopped on my bike around 11:15 after hearing my neighborhood HOWLING and went down to 17th and Penn.  Good times.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 10:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
 Best place to see the election results?  In front of the White House!!!  I hopped on my bike around 11:15 after hearing my neighborhood HOWLING and went down to 17th and Penn.  Good times.
yes it was
<sig>