Author Topic: Keen Eddie  (Read 1393 times)

keithstg

Keen Eddie
« on: October 07, 2003, 04:27:00 pm »
Much to my delight, and the delight of some on this board (I think), Keen Eddie has been picked up by the Bravo channel, and will air all 13 episodes beginning in early 2004. FYI.

Bags

Re: Keen Eddie
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 04:29:00 pm »
Yeah, just you wait.  Starpower will move Bravo from basic cable to digital, motherf*ckers.

What is Keen Eddie?  (Don't tell me, a British show...)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 05:25:00 pm »
sort of... it was a fish out of water show... an american detectiving in london
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 05:30:00 pm »
Oh yeah, I remember that...from the beginning of the summer?  Didn't see it.  Cool, though.  Wish some cable channel had been around back in the day to pick up (1) My So-Called Life and (2) The Ben Stiller Show.  Two brilliant shows cut down too quickly by the network cranks.

RonniStar

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 09:15:00 pm »
Keen Eddie was supposed to be part of Fox's 2002-2003, but they chose to put Fastlane and John Doe on their schedule. Both shows were cancelled. Fox decided to put the show on this summer as a lead in for American Junior. American Jr. wasn't a hit. Keen Eddie is going a get a second chance. Look what happen to the Dead Zone. It was originally slated to air on UPN, but they chose not to air. USA aired it, and it became a hit series. The same can't be said for Special Unit 2 and The 3rd installment of the Twlight Zone series.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by bags:
  Wish some cable channel had been around back in the day to pick up (1) My So-Called Life and (2) The Ben Stiller Show.  Two brilliant shows cut down too quickly by the network cranks.
they are both available on dvd. . .well, ben stiller show will be available this month, i believe.  looking forward to that one.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 10:51:00 am »
Originally posted by keithstg:
  Much to my delight, and the delight of some on this board (I think), Keen Eddie has been picked up by the Bravo channel, and will air all 13 episodes beginning in early 2004. FYI.
Thank you, thank you. You have just made my wife very happy, and if she's happy, I'm happy.  :D

Bags

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 10:53:00 am »
REALLY on the Ben Stiller?  Well, that steals a bit of my thunder as I'm the only person I know with all the episodes on tape.

[edit - Ben Stiller Show will be available Dec. 2 on DVD, with all 12 original episode and one unaired episode.]

The HBO Tenacious D shows are coming out as well.  Man, those HBO shows started a new revolution in what's available on DVDs these days.

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by bags:
  Wish some cable channel had been around back in the day to pick up (1) My So-Called Life and (2) The Ben Stiller Show.  Two brilliant shows cut down too quickly by the network cranks.
they are both available on dvd. . .well, ben stiller show will be available this month, i believe.  looking forward to that one. [/b]

Venerable Bede

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  REALLY on the Ben Stiller?  Well, that steals a bit of my thunder as I'm the only person I know with all the episodes on tape.

[edit - Ben Stiller Show will be available Dec. 2 on DVD, with all 12 original episode and one unaired episode.]

The HBO Tenacious D shows are coming out as well.  Man, those HBO shows started a new revolution in what's available on DVDs these days.

[
don't forget. . .the first 3 seasons of Mr. Show are already out, as is "Run Ronnie Run"
OU812