Author Topic: Fios TV?  (Read 1177 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Fios TV?
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:44:00 am »
Arlington just approved Verizon to start rolling out Fios TV in the county.  Currently I have Comcast which I hate for the most par, but due to an insane amount of bitching last year they hooked me up with a sweet price that is probably due to expire any month now.  My bill will get crazy expensive at that point and I'm looking to fire Comcast then.  

Anyone on here Verizon TV service?  Comments?

Lively One

Re: Fios TV?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:00:00 am »
I'm addicted to it!  I was more than ready to ditch comcast, and it's become a worthwhile investment.  The clarity is impeccable!  The internet speed is also extremely quick.

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:01:00 pm »
Personally my problem is that they convert your phone over too.  So what you might say, well since it is fiber to your house, all the AC for the fiber to copper stuff is from your outlets.  No power no phone (after the battery gives up ~8 hours).  I know people who were without power 4+ days in the last couple years and I don't know if I would like to be hosed like that.  Still, I would love to give the bird to comcast.

Big KC

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:07:00 pm »
just having a choice is nothing but good news for the consumer...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »
I've already had Fios Internet and phone service for over a year so that's no issue for me.  I've heard the picture quality is better than cable and their prices seem a little better too.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:33:00 pm »
I've had the internet/phone for almost a year as well and I've been loving it. Virtually no service outages at all since I got it (1-2 minute hiccup every couple months or so) which is the exact opposite of what I experienced with comcast. I'll gladly become a subscriber here once the tv service is available.
احمد