Author Topic: pennywise  (Read 2553 times)

stdrocks44

pennywise
« on: February 16, 2004, 10:48:00 pm »
anyone ever been to a pennywise show here? im goin wednesday i just wanna know how the pit is here

andyrichter

Re: pennywise
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 12:47:00 am »
how the pit is here? are you from europe or something?  well, i've never seen pennywise before but i've seen pennywise type bands here  and basically you've got a bunch of angry white neanderthal looking frat guys and jocks with no necks and no shirts doing some sweaty, homo-erotic, i-push-you-you-push-me-repeat, type of excercise supposedly called slam dancing if you can even call it that.  i'm sure there's an abundance of angry white frat guys all over america so i don't think the pit here is any different from pits where you're from.

Jaguär

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 12:50:00 am »
LOLOL. I love your description, Andy. Pretty accurate too.

Honestly, I'd be afraid to go into any kind of pit with someone called STD Rocks 44.     :eek:  Should we bring along our own antibiotics?

Ryan

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 08:26:00 am »
good stereotypes!

Well, I have seen Pennywise on the Warped Tour several times; the last time that I saw them, there were pits breaking out all over the place.  Given the hardcore nature of their music, I'm sure that there will be some good action in the pit on Wednesday.  Pennywise has been around for a long time, but they are not in the mainstream so I imagine that the number of 'white neaderthal frat guys and jocks' will be low.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 09:52:00 am »
can someone explain to me what exactly frat boys have to be angry about?  seems to me they are pretty privileged group of people. is what it the cost to fill up their jeeps?  the cost of maxim and fhm?  that there aren't enough dmb tributes?  how long it takes to get across the bay bridge in the summer?  that green eggs and ham don't tour enough anymore?

the same applies to any angry teen who can fork over $35 to see slipknot...
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 09:54:00 am »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
   homo-erotic, i-push-you-you-push-me-repeat, type of excercise supposedly called slam dancing if you can even call it that.
ahhh, but see, i remember the real "slam dancing".  nothing like it is now, people were just all kind of jumping around into each other, no jocks or frat guys though, just a bunch of skinny punks with mowhawks and the occasional big tattoo guy coming in and clearing house.
   but i suppose that was 10 years ago (or more).  I suppose its not as cool anymore, or I'm just old (and i have a godddamn drink in my hand now!)

MiloGTC

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
for most of these kind of bands - most of whom I do actually like - I'd say that the stereotypes posted here are exaggerated, that you're as likely to find a pit full of 15-year-old girls meekly pushing each other around without much threat of injury, but I've found many Pennywise fans to be bigger, dumber and meaner than your average nu-punk fans... I think it's still a mostly male, jock/fratboy kinda fanbase.

mankie

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  can someone explain to me what exactly frat boys have to be angry about?  seems to me they are pretty privileged group of people. is what it the cost to fill up their jeeps?  the cost of maxim and fhm?  that there aren't enough dmb tributes?  how long it takes to get across the bay bridge in the summer?  that green eggs and ham don't tour enough anymore?

The whole fraternity thing reeks of gayness if you ask me...I mean, they all live in a house together, go out to parties together, go to the beach together at spring break, all have that secret handshake thing going on, did I mention they all live together?

It's just weird.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
Sounds like the military to me.

Originally posted by mankie:

The whole fraternity thing reeks of gayness if you ask me...I mean, they all live in a house together, go out to parties together, go to the beach together at spring break, all have that secret handshake thing going on, did I mention they all live together?

It's just weird. [/b]

mankie

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  Sounds like the military to me.

It's just weird. [/b]
[/b]
I knew some moron would come up with that remark, thanks Rhett, you never let me down.

World of difference, someone joins the military for a career, to better themselves or learn a trade. Same as college I suppose, with one small exception. FART HOUSES! There's dorms, which would be more like the military so why does some kid need to move in with his buddies?

Explain to me again how a fart house is like the military?

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »

It's just weird. [/b]
no no

from your description, it just sounds like a bunch of single guys enjoying thier youthful bachelordom while thier parents pay for it all! I live near JHU and most of the frat guys i know are pretty normal.  not the lifestyle i know, but not gay at all.

i think if anything, they are people that feel the need to be a part of something "cool".

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 12:12:00 pm »

Explain to me again how a fart house is like the military? [/b]
have you been in either?

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 12:17:00 pm »
I'm willing to wager that both the military and fraternity houses are great places for gay guys to discover themselves.

mankie

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

have you been in either? [/b]
Yes.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 12:31:00 pm »

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

have you been in either? [/b]
Yes. [/b]
please elaborate?

you were in a fraternity or the military? ( i am assuming military, since you were defending it and bashing frats) perhaps the US Military is a little different though.