Author Topic: Grandaddy $25?  (Read 1922 times)

sonickteam2

Grandaddy $25?
« on: February 17, 2004, 12:04:00 pm »
grandaddy is $25?  and Death cab is $15?

wierd isnt it?  i dont really have any point, I just noticed that it was sorta strange.

brennser

Re: Grandaddy $25?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »
yeah I think I'm gonna pass on grandaddy this time - there are so many shows going on and its kinda pricey

Bags

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 12:07:00 pm »
These things never make sense to me....I'm still surprised at how much interest The Darkness is generating.  I'm obviously out of touch.

ratioci nation

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 12:08:00 pm »
Not really that weird, Grandaddy has more bands playing with them and has already played 9:30 before.  Death Cab is moving up from the Black Cat.  Death Cab has played 9:30 before but it was opening for Dismemberment Plan.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 12:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  Not really that weird, Grandaddy has more bands playing with them
thanks, i can read  ;)

Originally posted by pollard:
  Death Cab is moving up from the Black Cat.
ok, good enough. thanks polly. (haha)

Barcelona

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »
Yes, kind of expensive, but aren't there four bands? I would agree with Pollard. In my case, I am willing to pay $25 for Grandaddy, even if they played by themselves.

By the way,I heard a couple of songs by Saves the Day, and they are pretty bad.

J'Mal

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
What are saves the day and dios like?  Grandaddy rules.  Fire Theft is pretty good.  I'm pissed that its the same night as the decemberists at the black cat but the 930 will get my 25 bucks and booze and parking bill that night.

Mongo

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
I think I might boycott until Daddy starts playing with decent bands.

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
I'm going to go...Burtch is a cutie and don't want to miss seeing those guys again.  :)  Plus I know their material better now. Should be a fun time, I dig Grandaddy a lot.

redsock

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by J'Mal:
  What are saves the day and dios like?  Grandaddy rules.  Fire Theft is pretty good.  I'm pissed that its the same night as the decemberists at the black cat but the 930 will get my 25 bucks and booze and parking bill that night.
Saves the Day used to be good, (though everyone on the board willl disagree with me), but they're last album is total shit. They sound very power-pop live, and sound kinda emo-like on CD.

walkman

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 08:25:00 pm »
yup Saves the Day suck.  Over-produced Emo pop-punk, minus the punk.

Barcelona

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 08:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:
  yup Saves the Day suck.  Over-produced Emo pop-punk, minus the punk.
I just went to their website to see if any of their songs there was any decent. Fuck, none of them. Pretty disappointed with Grandaddy's choice of touring partners. I might skip the show in Balimore and only show up for Grandaddy in DC. How are Dios and The Fire Theft?

paige

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 09:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Saves the Day used to be good, (though everyone on the board willl disagree with me), but they're last album is total shit. They sound very power-pop live, and sound kinda emo-like on CD.
no, i totally agree with you. i have seen them a few times in the past, and i won't lie - the show was really energetic and good. however, the whole "waa woe is me i'm a whiney wannabe hippie bitch" act gets really old really fast.

stdrocks44

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 11:33:00 pm »
saves the day is still awesome. yeah their new cd isnt the best but i still listen to their old stuff all the time and they sound awesome live. went to see them with taking back sunday and it was really good although taking back sunday was a lot better.