Author Topic: Set times at black cat?  (Read 3649 times)

mkf3

Set times at black cat?
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »
Is there any way to find out set times for the black cat, i.e. lemonheads tonight?

mkf3

Re: Set times at black cat?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
never mind i called and found out.
 8:30 new rivals
 9:30 racoon
 10:30 lemonheads

930clubber

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
the rule of thumb at the black seems to be first act opens one hour after doors open, and an act follows each hour after.

8 pm open
 9 pm first
 10 pm second
 11 pm main

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »
in my limited exprience with the BC, the first act goes on a half-hour after doors.
<sig>

Driveway

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:50:00 pm »
Dando!

I'm excited about the show tonight.  Their recent shows look like he's had issues, but he always seems to do a good show in dc.

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
I would highly recommend skipping Racoon.  It's pretty bland, run of the mill alterna-radio rock, sung in a Welsh (maybe?) accent.  Blech.

The Lemonheads, however, were on fire in Chicago.  Lots of energy and they really pop-punk'd up the songs.  Pretty noisy at parts, too.  Made me remember how good of a songwriter Dando actually is.  And since it's the same band from the new album (Bill Stevenson and Karl Alvarez), they really punched up the show.  Plus, I don't think I've ever heard a cover of "Nervous Breakdown" segue into "Beatiful" before.

Driveway

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
what did everyone make of the lemonheads?  the main set sounded decent.  the conclusion of the show was just weird.  evan started to play a song, sang two lines of it and then said 'everybody go home' and left the stage...

jetelo

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 11:15:00 am »
Maybe in one of his moods.  The last few shows have been great with him in DC.  Last nights show was good, very loud, but he seemed made at the guy in front that kept yelling Rabbit.  Oh well, he could play another show and I would still go.

ggw

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
Solid show.  The encore seemed a bit hurried, but no complaints.  Dando was in far, far better shape last night than he was when I saw his solo show at the Black Cat a few years ago.

dfmcpete

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »
Little let down by the encore, which I assume was abbreviated--hoped for at least skulls and the nervous breakdown cover nkotb mentioned! I thought we'd get at least a few more full band songs, but that house music came on quickly.

Band sounded great though, and the newest album has really grown on me--black gown and no backbone were excellent.