Author Topic: thank you allentown, pa! now what do i do?  (Read 1446 times)

walkonby

thank you allentown, pa! now what do i do?
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
the offering of the flaming lips being opened by ween being opened by sonic youth being opened by the magic numbers at a town's (county style) fair at the end of august, is enough for me to tip my hat to allentown.  i personally was hoping for the magik markers . . . but i guess they would of scared most, if not all, of the locals.  i will be staying for a few days in the town of bethlehem for the ruckus, and was wondering if anybody on here was familiar with the area, and could hop me along to the good bars and eateries, and topics of fine discussions about building structure and sale signs on the shopkeeper's window.

ggw

Re: thank you allentown, pa! now what do i do?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:21:00 pm »
Couldn't they get Billy Joel?

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 03:22:00 pm »
As I have very little time off this year that's not already accounted for, I'm making the drive up after lunch, then turning around and heading home at night.  That should be a fun drive...

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Couldn't they get Billy Joel?
they got james taylor, to boot.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  As I have very little time off this year that's not already accounted for, I'm making the drive up after lunch, then turning around and heading home at night.  That should be a fun drive...
yikes! that is a haul and a half.  if we meet up, while at the show, the beers will be on me.

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:40:00 pm »
Yeah, it won't be a lot of fun, but it's better than the alternative: a year without a Ween show.  And since I bailed on the SY show, it's just too good to pass up.

Still, I'm not sure if beer is the best idea with a 3 hour car ride home.  Although I'm sure one or two wouldn't kill me...

Originally posted by walkonby:
 yikes! that is a haul and a half.  if we meet up, while at the show, the beers will be on me.