Author Topic: New Years Eve Plans  (Read 4701 times)

joz

Re: New Years Eve Plans
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by SalParadise:
 i would've done GBV, but the people i'm with aren't into that scene.
 [/b]
Sounds like you hang around with some smart people. [/QB]
as one who was "smart" enough to go to gbv's last show, i was rewarded with an absolutely f*cking amazing experience.  gbv played for 3.5+ hours and dusted off a lot of tracks from the older albums. the crowd was filled with hardcore gbv fans from way back and it definitely was the place to be on nye, in chicago or otherwise.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  as one who was "smart" enough to go to gbv's last show, i was rewarded with an absolutely f*cking amazing experience.  gbv played for 3.5+ hours and dusted off a lot of tracks from the older albums. the crowd was filled with hardcore gbv fans from way back and it definitely was the place to be on nye, in chicago or otherwise.
i only wish they had shared more of their champagne.    :D
OU812

Medusa

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
 How many did you have? Those things are vicious....But one of my favorites.  :)

Cheers

DJ Medusa. (still hungover today, yes)

joz

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2005, 05:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

i only wish they had shared more of their champagne.     :D  [/b]
yeah...i wasn't close enough at that point to get any.  where were you standing relative to the band?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2005, 05:56:00 pm »

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

i only wish they had shared more of their champagne.       :D    [/b]
yeah...i wasn't close enough at that point to get any.  where were you standing relative to the band? [/b]
i was center downstairs, at the back in front of the sound board.
OU812