Author Topic: La's Reunion?  (Read 3771 times)

ggw

La's Reunion?
« on: March 21, 2005, 05:09:00 pm »
LA'S BROADCAST?

THE LA??S are set to reform at this year??s SUMMER SONIC festival.

The band have been announced on the bill for the Japanese event, which is due to take place in Tokyo between August 13-14.

The group??s founder members Lee Mavers and John Power were spotted out in their hometown of Liverpool early last year and revealed that they were writing together again, prompting rumours of a reunion.

The La??s shot to fame in 1990 upon the release of their self-titled debut album, which also boasted the single ??There She Goes??.

However, during sessions for their second album, Power - who went on to form Cast - left the band and The La??s dissolved.

It is as yet unconfirmed as to whether The La??s will be playing any other events this summer.

Summer Sonic 2005 will also feature Oasis, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer and The Black Crowes.

http://www.nme.com/news/111770.htm

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: La's Reunion?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 07:22:00 pm »
i wonder if Lee will look as scary as Paddy McAloon when he pops out of the rabbit hole...
T.Rex

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:28:00 pm »
Creedence Clearwater Revival founder John Fogerty also founded ??Hooked On Phonics??

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:02:00 am »
I'm just wondering if one-hit-wonders actually have "reunions" or just try again?

brennser

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 10:17:00 am »
La's announce tour dates

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN
 Sun Online
 LEGENDARY Liverpudlian indie band The La's are set to play a three-date UK reunion tour.

The group split in 1992 when bassists John Power left in acrimonious circumstances to form Cast.

But John and lead singer Lee Mavers became close again last year and will be joined by on stage by guitarist Jay Lewis and drummer Nick Miniski.

The band will play Sheffield Leadmill on June 13, Manchester Ritz on June 14 and London Shepherds Bush Empire on June 15, before heading to Tokyo to play the Summer Sonic Festival.

The La's ?? whose biggest hit was There She Goes ?? are also rumoured to be appearing as the special guests of Oasis at this year's V Festival.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
Can an AHA reunion be far behind?

I heard that the LAS were one of Johnny Depp's favorite bands. Can't get much more cred than that.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
blah blah blah bite me blah blah blah much more blah blah than a blah blah one hit blah blah wonder blah blah blah who gives a blah blah blah rats ass if blah blah blah depp likes them.
T.Rex

Yank

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  I'm just wondering if one-hit-wonders actually have "reunions" or just try again?
I don't know?  Maybe we should ask Mike Scott for the definitive answer.  He's been living off 'Whole Of The Moon' for an eternity.    :p

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
hey mr d. slapper, pst... whats the word on the Dead 60s word is they are doing US dates with Garbage is the record coming out stateside anytime soon?
T.Rex

Yank

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  hey mr d. slapper, pst... whats the word on the Dead 60s word is they are doing US dates with Garbage is the record coming out stateside anytime soon?
The new single (The Last Resort) comes out next week.  Haven't heard a release date for the U.K album yet.  On another note, The Coral have a new single (In The Morning) and album (The Invisible Invasion) due out in May.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 12:15:00 pm »
And here i was thinking that Fishermans Blues was their big hit album.

Originally posted by Mr Dodgy Slapper:

I don't know?  Maybe we should ask Mike Scott for the definitive answer.  He's been living off 'Whole Of The Moon' for an eternity.     :p  [/b]

ggw

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 12:19:00 pm »
 whats the word on the Dead 60s
Heard a song on WOXY this week.  Good stuff.

Yank

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  And here i was thinking that Fishermans Blues was their big hit album.

Originally posted by Mr Dodgy Slapper:

I don't know?  Maybe we should ask Mike Scott for the definitive answer.  He's been living off 'Whole Of The Moon' for an eternity.      :p   [/b]
[/b]
Yeah, love that album, but there were no 'hits' on it.  Mankie loves to define a bands worth by the radio hits they have.  That's why he loved Busted and is in mourning since they've split!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 12:28:00 pm »
it's weird that the Dead 60s are touring the US soon without mention of a record being released here...
T.Rex

Yank

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
  it's weird that the Dead 60s are touring the US soon without mention of a record being released here...
I'm sure it will be out in the states shortly after being released over here.  A lot of these new bands are doing tours in America before the albums are released anywhere.  They just got lucky hooking up with Garbage for that tour.

Have any of the singles been released over there yet?  The Dead 60's are on Deltasonic Records label in the UK, maybe the label Garbage is on has picked them up for the US release?