Author Topic: Juana Molina  (Read 829 times)

helicon1

Juana Molina
« on: July 01, 2006, 10:22:00 pm »
Did anyone go to the show at the Black cat last night? I've never seen the venue at it's worst. The sound was horrendous and the people more so. At one point between songs, she simply tapped her microphone and a wall of feedback echoed throughout. Psapp had the same problem...

I felt horrible for Juana; such a great artist should not be subject to the total disrespect of the crowd. People loudly socializing, more like screaming. I knew her set would be quiet, and I totally predicted the crowd on a Friday night. I just hope she comes back and plays a small seated venue.

Someone please fix that venue... It really has turned into my least favorite place to see a show.

shtee223

Re: Juana Molina
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 11:05:00 pm »
yeah people were talking a lot and it was annoying, but at the same time i thought it was a great show. i loved psapp and jose and i could tell that juana molina was having a bad night. jose was unbelievable though; at points i just got really pissed that people were so blatantly talking like they were in a cafe or something.