Author Topic: DC's ONLY Vinyl Record Blog Seeks Writers/Contributors  (Read 1525 times)

jm1

DC's ONLY Vinyl Record Blog Seeks Writers/Contributors
« on: June 12, 2008, 09:54:00 am »
We're almost a year old and going strong--12,591 visitors last month from the DC area and all around the globe. (No joke - I'll show ya the stats.) But it ain't easy being a one-man blog so I'm looking for some pixel-pushers. There's no $ involved, just heaps of promo CDs, press passes, and free tickets to local gigs. Then there's that sheer joy of promoting the resurgence of vinyl and the fine stores in the area such as Som, Red Onion, Crooked Beat, and Smash who are braving the new, old world. Regular, frequent, infrequent contributors all welcome. Check the blog out and say hello.

http://vinyldistrict.blogspot.com/

slappy

Re: DC's ONLY Vinyl Record Blog Seeks Writers/Contributors
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
This is like vegetarians that wear leather.
 You should keep it real and put it out as a newsletter on ink and paper.

jm1

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »
Puritans are boring.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by slappy:
  This is like vegetarians that wear leather.

nice   :D
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by jm1:
 There's no $ involved, just heaps of promo CDs, press passes, and free tickets to local gigs.
uh, if you're "promoting the resurgence of vinyl", why are you handing out promo CDs?   :p
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

There's no $ involved, just heaps of promo CDs, press passes, and free tickets to local gigs.
uh, if you're "promoting the resurgence of vinyl", why are you handing out promo CDs?    :p  [/b]
because pretty soon, just like vinyl, nobody but a niche market will give a shit about cds.

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

Originally posted by sweetcell:

uh, if you're "promoting the resurgence of vinyl", why are you handing out promo CDs?     :p   [/b]
because pretty soon, just like vinyl, nobody but a niche market will give a shit about cds. [/b]
Awesome and then I'll be cool because I have a lot of CDs word and I'll sport them with pride like my Crocs yo

guess I picked the wrong week to quit getting high in hte middle of a work day and Iron Man awaits!
oword

jm1

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »
Good point about the CDs...but what can I say? They send em almost daily (along with vinyl, to be fair.) And, odd consumer that I am, I'll listen to the CD to see if I like something - then buy the vinyl component. Same with the MP3s on the blog...

HoyaSaxa03

(o|o)